Trying not to get disheartened

Options
Weigh number 4 this week and I lost 1lb so that makes 11lb in total. I know this is a good steady pace but with so much to loose I feel a bit disheartened. When I've changed my eating habits before I could easily loose that amount in a week or two. I know it's better slow and steady and that's one of the reasons the weight came back on but it's still hard to get my head round. I have to just keep going and keep the faith I've had a few days when I went over this week but not by a lot. Here's to another week would love to loose 3 to get that stone!

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you're losing close to 3 pounds a week.. what more do you want?
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you're doing great based on what you've shared here. You just have to keep in mind that it didn't get put on over night so it's not going to come off overnight either. Just keep focused, keep doing what you're doing and don't give up. It's worth the effort.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    You didn't put this weight on in just a few weeks, it's not going to come off in a few weeks. Slow and steady wins the race and helps you keep the weight off in the future.
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Even if you "only" lose a pound a week, that is progress. Next year is going to come and you can be in better shape or worse so don't lose your motivation or else you will look back and ask yourself why you didn't keep on with it. If you had one pound a week from last year than you would already be 52 pounds lighter. That is nothing to sneeze at.
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Weigh number 4 this week and I lost 1lb so that makes 11lb in total. I know this is a good steady pace but with so much to loose I feel a bit disheartened. When I've changed my eating habits before I could easily loose that amount in a week or two. I know it's better slow and steady and that's one of the reasons the weight came back on but it's still hard to get my head round. I have to just keep going and keep the faith I've had a few days when I went over this week but not by a lot. Here's to another week would love to loose 3 to get that stone!

I'm glad you posted. Let me tell you that I am really grateful I realize that weight loss is not linear. Our bodies are gifts and they deserve a little more love and respect from us. The body is doing what is best for you as you do what is good for you, which you are doing.

This week, I lost one pound too. I can see next week is looking better and it has only been 2 days since the weigh in Saturday. I did the same both weeks, but my body wants to drop a little more this week and last week it didn't drop as much.

I'm really grateful to have a new respect and love for my body and what it does. And I'm grateful I am treating it so much better. I have been a lousy upkeeper of my temple. I'm back at work loving it and caring for it.

Stay accountable and weigh and measure and log it all. It works when we work it.
  • moniduh
    moniduh Posts: 100
    Options
    I'm in the same boat except I haven't lost any weight! Wether it's due to muscle gain or not eating enough calories etc I don't know. If you feel better keep on going and the weight will take care of itself :)
  • Georgeandme
    Options
    Thank you for your replies I know it's slow and steady they works but 20 years of seeing big numbers in the first few weeks I guess I just expected that again and yes I feel tons better and have more energy but sometimes it feels like I've a mountain to climb and I wonder if I will ever get to my goal but I'm heading in the right direction and just need to stay on this path :-)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies I know it's slow and steady they works but 20 years of seeing big numbers in the first few weeks I guess I just expected that again and yes I feel tons better and have more energy but sometimes it feels like I've a mountain to climb and I wonder if I will ever get to my goal but I'm heading in the right direction and just need to stay on this path :-)
    It is a mountain to climb.Takes time & more time,maybe years.Truth is,many ppl want to lose just enough,they feel "now it's time to eat!" & start the cycle all over again.Ask me how I know.
    There are articles out there to explain it better,but once you have been over wt for yrs,it's going to take yrs of determination
    to go in the other direction. It will never be easy,but it has to be worth it to yourself.Good Luck
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I too have/had a mountain to climb and it was so hard in the beginning. Yes the scale went down, but slowly slowly. But now it's a year later, plus a couple of weeks. I believe at my year mark I was down 123 lbs. I am still overweight, but I am not morbidly obese. I now shop at regular stores, and most recently not in the hefty babes department. Continue what you're doing. East right, move around and the rest will come. The weight is coming off a bit slower now, but I feel 100% better. My eating habits have changed for the better, and I don't believe this of me... but I ache to exercise.