Not a HUGE success, but I feel on top of the world! NSV ftw!

Options
Hey everyone!

I haven't logged in quite a while, and honestly, I think that's been the best choice I could have made. Calorie counting was extremely stressful for me, and ever since I stopped counting and just focused on gym days, I've felt so much better both emotionally and physically.

But now to the success.

My gym offers a free monthly medical examination for all its members. My first appointment (6/17/14) she took all my measurements, tested my arm strength, and used a caliper to determine my BF %. My second appointment was this past Thursday (7/17/14). After she'd done all the same measurements and tests, she gave me a print-out comparing the two appointments. I'd lost an inch across the waist, abdomen, and hips, gained two pounds' worth of strength in my arms, and went from a 39% BF to 34.9%. I know these aren't huge leaps and bounds, but having something physical to look at that shows I AM improving was incredible for me.

The scale can always lie to you, but measuring tape? Not so much.

Now my goal is to have this exact loss (or more!) at next month's appointment. And now that I know what I'm doing is actually working, motivation to go to the gym is gonna be a lot easier to find.

Replies

• nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    That is terrific! And, it IS a HUGE success. Congratulations. Talk about motivation to keep on.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Wow well done, just shows you the scales aren't always accurate :)
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'd say that is a huge success and a marvelous NSV!

I am towards the end of the weight loss journey and haven't logged foods or exercise regularly and although I haven't lost any more I really have been maintaining...which I feel is ok. Now it's time to buckle down and loose these last 6-8 pounds.

Best of luck to you!
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    excellent!
    keep it up!!
  • sullrico18
    sullrico18 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Keep up the great work!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am glad you found what works for you.
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! Keep up the good work! NSV's sometimes are wayyyyyyy better than SV's lol :)