Tracking Excersise

Options
Hi,
I am new to MFP and have trouble understanding tracking the excersises. I understand the Cardio portion but dont understand how it tracks the Strength training portion. I dont see anything change when I add it. Am I doing something wrong?
Any advise since I am new would be great smile:

Replies

• CaptainSmedley
    Options
    No, you are not doing anything wrong. The strength training excercises, by default, do not assign calories burned. This is due to the fact that people do weight training at very different levels and at very different paces so it is hard to determie a standard calorie burn for each excercise. If you want a rough "very rough" estimate you can go under cardio and select strength training for the amount of time that you do it. What I do is select 10-15 minutes less than I actually did depending on how aggressive I go at it. However as most people on the site will advise you, don't eat your way into these calories burned.
  • MrsFranks
    Options
    hi im new too and dont understand that part of it either, i know it doesnt help you much but at least you kno ur not the only one
    xx
  • fatty_77
    Options
    I count weight training as bonus calories burned... :) I don't care to track them, as long as I know it's a good thing to do for me!

-- M.