Movies that should have had a sequel, but didn't get one?

Options
124»

Replies

• Yana220
    Yana220 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    District 9
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    District 9
    You'd think 8 sequels would be enough!

My vote is Casablanca ... they'd have to call it "Brazzaville."
  • Makhai_
    Makhai_ Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If it hasn't been brought up yet...... Innerspace
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Miracle 2: How pros ruined the Olympics.

I hope you're only talking about hockey. The original Dream Team in basketball was the dopest squad ever and having pros play for Team USA has led to basketball becoming a true global game.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Pretty Woman!!
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    District 9
    Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Superman Returns
    Batman Returns (i.e. another Burton Batman)
    Gremlins 2
    Jumper (first one wasn't that good at all, but there was enough there for a strong sequel if done right)
    Catwoman (Reboot)
    The Incredible Hulk
    E.T (Blasphemous for some, I know, but I think Steven could have pulled it off)

Alien Resurrection:This one is a bee in my bonnet. At one point Sigourney Weaver, James Cameron, and Ridley Scott were all excited about returning for an Alien 5; Cameron to write, Ridley to direct. Epic. Cameron approached Fox and they actually told one of the greatest directors of our time that they'd rather go with Alien vs Predator. Ughx100.

I always felt this way about Independence Day and Mrs. Doubtfire, but those sequel are officially on their way.
  • thefatveganchef
    thefatveganchef Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover.
    I wouldn't want them to do a sequel of this movie as it was so perfect as it was. I just wish they would show it again so I could see Helen Mirren & Michael Gambon at their best.
    It got released on DVD a few years ago. You can find it on the interwebs.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager, I would have said Dumb and Dumber. They could have made 8 of those and I'd have watched them all. I'm guessing Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels are too old play those roles now. We'll see.

I'd like to see another Memento with different actors but the same director, Christopher Nolan. Everything this guy does is riveting.