When I run, I love ......

Options

Replies

• runningforicecream
    Options
    - the fact that I can run
    - wondering if I am going to hit a PB (I did today :happy: )
    - the sweat rolling down into my sports bra (I know how that sounds but I just do. Feels like job well done).
    - the achy calves afterwards
    - the me time
    - the sudden rush of adrenaline

Just so many things!
  • Mmmprotein
    Mmmprotein Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love the point where you zone out and you forget you're running and just really into your music.
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I love the feeling of accomplishment when I get done running

I love the funny tingly feeling of sweat beads rolling down my face and neck

I love the way my daughter looks at me when I get home and says "you did a great job today mom"

I love when my daughter goes running/walking with me and we laugh and talk, enjoying each others company

I love the "ok mom, I'll race you to....." Loser makes dinner!!

I love knowing in the morning I will be in pain but it will all be worth it the next day!
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    - alone time
    - my awesome playlist
    - the feeling when you finished a run (without walking) that you really had to talk yourself into
    - sweating! (it's fat crying)
    - the fact that I can do it... not matter how fast, I can run!
    - the sunrise on early morning runs

so many more..........
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I love being able to get out and just RUN
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    - thinking about where I started. Whenever I don't think I can finish that mile number 10, I think about the first run I ever did when I couldn't make to the 300 feet to our mailbox and cried as I walked back to our house. I decided that day that I never wanted to feel like that again.

- that I CAN run. I had some health problems shortly after I started running that almost took it away from me. I don't take it for granted.
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    When I run, I love when I finish! LOL! :bigsmile:

I really love the feeling of accomplishment after a long run! I never thought I'd be where I am at today with running.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    -how when I look down at the garmin, Im sometimes running at a much quicker pace then intended but Im not feeling it.

-how in one mile I can feel absolute misery and the next like im floating on air.

-when I beak any PR
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I started quoting responses I loved, and I realized I love them all (except the rude one).

Just finished a beach run, and I loooooooooove coming to the end of my run when I am hot, my hair is wet & curly from sweat, and I just flop into the water and let a wave break on my backside. Sheer Heaven. :heart:
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    being alone
    letting my mind wander or just listen to my music instead of thinking
    when I realize I'm over 4 miles
    I see I ran under an 11 min pace
    watching a great sunrise
    the sweat running down my face
    that my thighs no longer rub together like they want to start a fire!
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love the endorphins for sure!. i love when a song that really pumps me up (could be a different one depending upon my mood), comes on, and makes me want to run faster or jump as I run. I love the feeling of the sweat on my back and my chest as run. I love when I beat my previous run time too. :-)
  • Yakelmeyer
    Yakelmeyer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    the sunrise and cool morning air

my dogs hound ears flapping and his curly puppy tail

breathing

the joy of having fully functional legs, a blessing easily taken for granted
  • caringiscreepyx
    Options
    I love being on my own and if you've had a tough day, you realize maybe it wasn't SO bad after all.

Getting absolutely SOAKED in the rain and not being one bit bothered (i prefer to run in the rain than the sun, madness)

Showing myself that i can do somethng i never thought i could do, Last year i couldn't even run for 1 minute, now i have a 10k in september!)

Being able to push yourself that little bit and you feel so good afterwards!
  • kjstaley70
    kjstaley70 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The accomplishment...for many reasons I shouldn't even be sitting here typing this note. The fact that I can lift myself out of bed and attempt to run is satisfaction.

Oh and doing things I was told I couldn't like 5K's!
  • Navymustng
    Navymustng Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This is a great post!!!

Thinking about the song playing and the beat that makes me want to run faster.

The great feeling of being 50 and in the best shape I have been in a long time.

Knowing that this WORKS when it comes to exercise and weight control.

This is why my 36 inch pants fit!

I used to struggle to run 1.5 miles in the Navy twice a year, I am running 6 miles for workouts and recently knocked down a 10.2 mile run, which never EVER crossed my mind.

That I actually look Forward to a run!!!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I love the two neighbors who started running recently because of seeing me out there almost every day.

I love the other neighbors who slow as they drive by, roll down their windows and ask how many days until race day/how many miles I am running today.

I love the support of the total strangers in my neighborhood who are now friends because of running.

I love that MFH (My Favorite Husband) supports my running habit.

I really, really love that my race is this coming Sat so I can have a week's break! HA!

I love completing a run and getting to literally wring out my sports bra from sweat. That lets me know I had a good run.

I love Peter, my Rooster, telling the entire neighborhood when I leave and when I get home. He's a nut! AND a tattle tale.

I love the feeling of success after completing a difficult run.

I love being able to EAT! That's always a bonus!

There are so many bonuses to running...I could blabber on all day. Seeing as y'all are probably snoozing now by reading my list, I will stop now :)
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

watching the scenery go by me.

looking down and seeing my muscular thighs (vain I know, but I freaking love it).

Experiencing nature and the beauty that comes with every season.

Seeing the hare, the deer and the fox (yes, I live in the country and run through forests and along fields)

Listening to the leaves in the wind and the birds chirping

The wild berries that are now ripening and tend to pop into my mouth along the way.
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    There are so many thing I love about running.....

-the peace
    -the sweat dripping down my body
    -the me time
    -the runners high
    -the freedom
    -the breeze
    -that my dog loves our runs
    -the sense of accomplishment

I could go on and on....
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    The challenge of the next up-hill segment

The chorus of GPS watch chimes at each mile-marker of a race

Thinking my pace is slow, then looking down at the watch and seeing it much faster than I thought

Wildlife (rabbits, squirrels, deer and random birds are the mainstays of my running routes)

And the de-stress that comes after the endorphins kick in
  • attackhamster
    attackhamster Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Chasing down that runner's high, the feeling I am gliding gently over the pavement, a well-oiled machine, barely touching the ground. Some days I lumber through runs and never catch it, some days I find it immediately and set a new PR with ease. :)