Hi, I'm Mark - new to MFP but like what I see so far :)

Hi guys/gals,

I'm Mark from near Wolverhampton (UK). Ive tried a few diets over the years, usually where there is an unlimited allowance of "free food" but although I stick to the rules, I've not lost very much weight and I think portion control is the issue!

I love with MFP that you can't over eat as every calorie is counted. I think it's funny that the big commercial weight loss diets make a big thing about "no calorie counting", but it is actually easier than counting points/syns etc as it is printed on the packet!

Anyway, along with doing this I'm also trying to get to the gym when I can, so hopefully the two things together will get me the results I'm after.

I've seen people on other posts mention about "adding friends". Not exactly sure what this means, but if anyone would like to add me, please feel free. I'm planning on weighing myself every Wednesday and will report back how I get on!

All the best, Mark

Replies

• bbardwell0916
    bbardwell0916 Posts: 33 Member
    Hey Mark!

I had the same problem. Its so much easier to lose weight when you have a limit on calories and can read it on packages then to remember points and other systems. I try to work out as well 5 times a week (two days to rest muscles). Hope you reach your weight goal. Oh and also, stick with this program. At first i didn't lose much weight, then suddenly it all happened. I lost over 25 lbs last time before I was pregnant and now in about two weeks I've lost 10lbs. The hardest part and staying away from sodas and fast foods. lol :)

Good luck!
    Britt