Options
2»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Sore says nothing about a good workout, some people never get sore
    So Ive heard, but why dont they?

I am hardly ever sore after a workout...the only time I was sore was after I took 8 days off for vacation...I was sore from squats for 2 days...but that's it.

If you want to be sore reverse the order in which you do the ab workout...always worked for me.
  • jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Soreness is also due to tearing down existing muscle and the formation of formic acid which is a chemical byproduct of converting carbs to energy. If the acid is effectively removed from your system via good circulation there is very little soreness. Your picture and weight suggests you are young enough and light enough to still have excellent circulation. Additionally, as suggested, lifting heavy might change the dynamic and cause your muscles to do more than tone up. Your two 18 lb. barbells may not be enough to force you to strain more, so find something like a used tire and rim to hold while sitting up, or a cinder block or large rock.
  • NagromXIV
    NagromXIV Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sore says nothing about a good workout, some people never get sore
    So Ive heard, but why dont they?

I am hardly ever sore after a workout...the only time I was sore was after I took 8 days off for vacation...I was sore from squats for 2 days...but that's it.

If you want to be sore reverse the order in which you do the ab workout...always worked for me.
    Not a bad idea
  • NagromXIV
    Options
    Soreness is also due to tearing down existing muscle and the formation of formic acid which is a chemical byproduct of converting carbs to energy. If the acid is effectively removed from your system via good circulation there is very little soreness. Your picture and weight suggests you are young enough and light enough to still have excellent circulation. Additionally, as suggested, lifting heavy might change the dynamic and cause your muscles to do more than tone up. Your two 18 lb. barbells may not be enough to force you to strain more, so find something like a used tire and rim to hold while sitting up, or a cinder block or large rock.
    Thx you may have just answered a question Ive had for awhile, it has never occured to me that my circulation was the culprit to "Non-sore" muscles and Ill see if I can get one
  • NagromXIV
    Options
    - Hanging leg raises
    - AB wheel rollouts
    - Dragon Flags

Those should test your abs sufficiently.
    How many abs wheels should I do? Whats a hanging leg raise? and Dragon flags?
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Whats a hanging leg raise? and Dragon flags?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hanging+leg+raise
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dragon+flag

there ya go.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Different people, different levels of sore (I can basically never get my biceps to be sore past the day of working them out). All varies depending on your body's ability to rid lactic acid and whatnot.

I've read a lot too about the heavier compound presses contributing more to abs than most of the ab-specific moves. Squats, dead lifts, bench press, shoulder press, power cleans.. they all require a taut core when executing the move.