Introduction!

Options
Ryane726
Ryane726 Posts: 16 Member
Hey ya'll! I'm Ryane (Pronounced like Ryan) from Northern Virginia. I'm 33 years old (I'll be 34 on Saturday!) I am married and have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. I've been here on MFP for a while off and on. Trying to get serious now.

I've started Herbalife shakes 2 meals a day and healthy snacks and a healthy lunch in between! I'm so excited!

As far as exercise - I swim laps 3-4 times a week, a minimum of 1000 yards each night. I love it! It is so relaxing and refreshing! I started swimming in February doing water aerobics and started swimming laps in mid-May. The scale hasn't moved much, yet....but my clothes are fitting differently! It'll get there.

My small goals are 5lbs at a time and to track my caloric intake! My overall goal is to lose 135lbs so I can be healthy for my family and love me!

Replies

• AndrewBartlett25
    AndrewBartlett25 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Everything you said here sounds great, I'd recommend not using the meal replacement herbalife though. Those type of products are commonly being investigated as pyramid frauds. Herbalife is on the list as of recently. I think you'd have more energy if you just ate right and exercised as you are currently. :) Just my opinion, I've tried meal replacements before and have found my immune system suffered as a result, I got sick very often on them.

http://business.financialpost.com/2014/07/21/herbalife-ltd-shares-plunge-as-bill-ackman-pledges-to-expose-incredible-fraud-on-tuesday/
  • atac9806
    atac9806 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello Ryane.....good luck on your journey! Over the last few years I have either dieted or exercised but haven't really done both at the same time. I'm with Andrew you may want to re-think the herbalife, I always try to think to myself "is this something I can do for the rest of my life" Its not bad to use things as a starting point or to help you jump start your weight loss but please do not plan on staying on them long term.

You defiantly have the right mind set on your goals and the 5lbs at a time. That is my goal as well say goodbye to the weight on the scale and never see that number again. ;) You can do this girl!

Congrats on your 5lbs! That is awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • Ryane726
    Ryane726 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The Herbalife is not a long term solution. I do understand that. It is a way to jump start my weight loss. I've been doing "decent" with my eating, and swimming 3-4 times a week. I know the scale isn't everything but I want to see it move. And it hasn't moved since I've been swimming. So, this is to jump start the weight loss. It's quick and easy and fits into my schedule. It will keep me from stopping for breakfast on my way to work, and keep me from eating late when I get home from the gym. So, for now, I'm doing 2 meal replacement shakes a day along with a multivitamin. Once I see that I can stay steady on something and the scale moves, to keep me motivated, then I'll stop using the shakes.

I'm out of the house at 6:30 am and don't get home from the gym until 8:30pm. It's a long day and it's very tempting to just stop at a fast food place to grab a quick bite to eat that would be less nutritious than the shakes. I have a healthy lunch, and healthy snacks during the day.

I know what I'm getting into. I've seen results personally and I do my research. I do value other's opinions, but ultimately, I make the best choice for me and my lifestyle.

Can't wait to get on with my journey for the 123,393,302 time! Keep trying until you get it right!
  • MyTurn2BHappy
    MyTurn2BHappy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Always looking for motivated friends!
  • AndrewBartlett25
    AndrewBartlett25 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Absolutely everyone is entitled to try things to help out. Just keep in mind if you find yourself getting the flu a lot more then normal it could be as a result of the lack of nutrition in shakes you don't get from normal food. Good luck! I hope you meet your goal soon and stay healthy! :D