Size 14 to size 2 :)

Options
1235»

Replies

• j_arens
    j_arens Posts: 16
    Options
    I don't get that losing weight slowly means the loss will last. I just find the longer it takes to lose.. i lose my will power before all the weight. I'd rather lose it fast while i have the will power to do it..

I COMPLETELY agree. I think if I didn't lose the weight so quickly, I would have lost motivation and momentum.
  • j_arens
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has provided positive encouragement!! :)

Again, I have NO Idea why anyone thinks this post is fake, as I see no motivation in doing so. Nowhere have I tried to promote a diet pill or any special diet. I lost the weight through exercise and cutting back calories. It's as simple as that.

I also don't understand the reasoning that you're more likely to keep off the weight if you lose it slower. For me, losing the weight fast was the only way to stay motivated and keep up the momentum. Seeing results on the scale every week was what kept me going. Like most people who struggle with their weight, I have lost and gained weight several times before in my life. Last time I lost 25 pounds (over a much slower period of time) and gained it all back. So I don't think the time it takes to lose it necessarily dictates whether or not you gain it back.

To those of you who commented on my lack of weight lifting-- you are correct that I am "skinny fat." I do not have the muscle tone that I would like. With that being said, for me, I needed to focus on one thing at a time and that was seeing the numbers on the scale go down. Also, it doesn't matter how much muscle you build--if you have layers of fat covering your muscles, you won't see the muscle tone anyways!! So I knew once I got down to my goal weight, the visual results of weight lifting would be much more apparent (because I'd have a lower fat percentage to begin with). Moreover, I can now focus on measuring goals in terms of inches lost versus pounds lost on the scale. I find focusing on one form of measurement at a time is much more managable for me. Keep in mind when weight lifting the scale may not move (in fact, it may go up) and this can be frustrating and confusing and make it hard to differentiate what is fat and what is muscle, which is why I stayed away from it. Quite frankly though, I just felt my time was best utilized doing cardio because it does burn more calories than weight lifting.

For those of you saying "I'm too thin," I think that is absolutely baseless. The only real reliable measure of what is "medically underweight" would be body fat percentage, and I am not sure what mine is. The only way to measure that would be through hydrostatic testing (underwater testing).
  • j_arens
    Options
    Also, I don't believe 1200 calories is sustainable either. 1200 calories is what I ate to LOSE the weight, not to maintain. During weight loss, you need to be in a calorie defecit. During maintanence, you simply need to be consuming the same amount of calories that you are expending. Therefore, you can consume more calories.
  • j_arens
    Options
    Therefore, weight loss isn't necessarily meant to be sustainable. The idea is that you pick up certain tips and lifestyle changes along the way that you carry into your new life. It doesn't mean though that you have to continually be in a calorie defecit for the rest of your life.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Therefore, weight loss isn't necessarily meant to be sustainable. The idea is that you pick up certain tips and lifestyle changes along the way that you carry into your new life. It doesn't mean though that you have to continually be in a calorie defecit for the rest of your life.

That is wrong. *shrug* You should be aiming towards sustainability while you are losing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!