Do you really like exercise?

Options
I know that it is necessary, but do you really like it? I have found two activities that I tolerate (walking and kickboxing) but have yet to find an exercise I like...

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I like the results and I like lifting. I hate everything about cardio and no, I don't always feel like getting out of bed at 5am to workout, but I do. I love it after and there's a huge satisfaction of hitting a goal.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt say I like it... I like the effects it has on my body so thats why I like the activity of exercising. Knowing this is needed to get the end results I want.....
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm learning to like it. For me it's a combination of variety and personal goals. I have a monthly subscription to Rhapsody so I can get fresh new workout music, and I recently got a heart rate monitor app that actually inspires me to try different exercises to see which ones are most effective for me. Wearing cute workout clothes helps too... If I'm gonna sweat like a beast then I want to look cute doing it.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Well I love the adrenalin rush and endorphins post workout. It makes me feel lean and strong, and also means I can eat more :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Yep. I love to run. I like Zumba, but it's not easy for me to fit in my schedule. I enjoy Pilates (also yoga classes). I wouldn't say I'm thrilled to do the body weight exercises I do, but I like the strength gains and progressions I've made so far.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I like lifting weights and other strength training, not all of it, but a lot of it. Mostly it is because I like feeling strong. I love the feeling when I walk out the gym doors after a really good workout and hate the feeling when I don't work out. I do not like standard cardio, but I like when my trainer gives me challenges in HIIT workouts.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I love it.its hobby for me
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I love it! I am lucky I have found one of my greatest passions - running. I don't just do it for the physical aspect. I simply just love it. I will keep doing it no matter what size I am. Have been running for over 15 years now.

I like other kinds of physical challenges too. It's the most awesome feeling putting mind over matter.

It's so much easier to stick to a regular exercise regimen if you're doing something you love to do.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I actually do enjoy weghtlifting.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    It depends on the activity... I love going to Zumba (or any other dance type of aerobics) and lifting weights... I haven't tried Martial arts, but I would love to. Walking I don't mind doing... Anything else though is merely work to me.
  • LynndaMaree
    LynndaMaree Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it very much. :drinker:
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with exercise. Once I get started I am good to go, but its that initial push that I find hard to do. I make it fun-- we play wipeout or Just Dance on the Kinect, I swear I get a full body workout with that. Or my daughter and I will race or chase the dogs around.
  • 347Gigi
    347Gigi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The only exercise that I really enjoy is belly dancing. The lifting and other aerobics - I just get through for the results: Look better. Feel better. Eat more (I really love good food). :smile:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I love it. It is like therapy for me. Of course, I did not develop this attitude overnight. It took a while.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes I do.
  • jonisteenhoek
    jonisteenhoek Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yep, I LOVE to workout. I love going to the gym. I love pushing myself to see what I can do. I love the results I see, the feeling after I finish a really tough workout. Working out is close to the top of my list of favorite things to do.

I believe everyone can love to work out, I just think you have to keep trying different types of exercise until you figure out what you really enjoy. I liked walking on my treadmill at home, but I was really bored. I tried a few different classes and different programs at different gyms until I found one that I truly love being at and workouts that I really enjoy.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I know that it is necessary, but do you really like it?

It's not necessary if you don't want to do it.

However I enjoy running good distances, as well as being very beneficial for me physically it gives me headspace, so helps me deal with stresses from work.

Similarly cycling, either road or mountain, gives me space, and challenges me.

Both running and cycling are all about making improvements, whether in pace or distance or the technical challenge of the route.

Resistance training bores me mindless, but it helps with both running and cycling in terms of improving performance and reducing injury risk.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Yeah...the key is to find something that you do like and not lock yourself into the mindset that you have to be doing all of this crazy **** to have a good workout. I ride my bike and I love it...I do around 60ish miles per week on average. Beyond that, I hit the weight room a couple nights per week and I really enjoy that too.

Beyond that, I walk my dog and do some hiking here and there. I like to get in a swim now and then, but it's difficult for me to make it to the pool during lap swim hours. I also enjoy the occasional round of golf.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I know that it is necessary, but do you really like it? I have found two activities that I tolerate (walking and kickboxing) but have yet to find an exercise I like...

I haaatttteeeddd it at first.
    Now that it's routine, I find myself enjoying it. Even if I grumble about it in the moment, or it hurts, or I don't want to do it. I think that counts as liking it?
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest and I'm going to tell you that I generally ****ing hate it.

I love how it makes my body look, and sometimes I can really get into a groove and get into it, but most of the time, god, I would rather be doing something else.

Doesn't mean I quit exercising though. I still do it anyways because I want to be healthy and I'm also vain.