Do you really like exercise?

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    I like most outdoor exercise. Biking of any sort, rollerblading, hiking, volleyball, skiing -- I get downright grumpy if I don't get my outdoors fix.

Indoors, not so much. I only workout indoors when I have no other choice.
  • CaitySins
    CaitySins Posts: 57 Member
    The exercise I do (PS3 My Fitness Coach) I wouldn't say I really like, I like the feeling after, I just feel much healthier. But actual sports or games I would do for ages without noticing a sweat would be a using dance machine, swimming and (though it's very light activity in my past experience) Badminton. Unfortunately I don't have all the change to throw into dance machines, wouldn't go near a swimming centre cause I'm insecure and my friend who did Badminton with me moved to another place for Uni
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    I love running and even if I ever reach my goal weight, I will still continue to do running.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Thoughts follow actions.
  • brando79az
    brando79az Posts: 224 Member
    I do love it. I love getting outside. I love the endorphines afterwards and I love being able to take in more calories.
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    I hate most cardio, except walking, although Zumba can be fun. I like yoga. I have been doing bodyweight exercises lately and like doing that (because I can do it while I watch tv) and I LOVE the results I'm getting from it. So far it's the only exercise I've ever done where I can actually see and feel the difference in my body. That makes it more fun, I guess!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Yes. I love it. Especially Mountain Biking.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    I ****ing love it. I love lifting weights and I love doing my cardio (crossfit). With the weight lifting I love trying to make progress, one more rep or a few more kg added to the bar. I go to bed early excited to be up at 530 ready to hit the gym. I also love the results, I feel so much stronger and I look better too plus I can sprint and not fall over dead at the end. I am Zombie Apocalypse ready!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    I know that it is necessary, but do you really like it? I have found two activities that I tolerate (walking and kickboxing) but have yet to find an exercise I like...

The only "exercise" I do it weightlifting. I like it because I visualise the results I'm aiming for which drives me to push myself. As for cardio, I mainly do tennis, martial arts, dodgeball and climbing - love doing those things so could do them all day (well until I collapse :bigsmile: ).
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Yes, I do.

At the gym, I like rowing, the arm bike, the elliptical, and the battle ropes.

In classes, I like kickboxing, step aerobics, floor aerobics, and aqua zumba.
  • Kmarti08
    Kmarti08 Posts: 2
    I get lazy sometimes but than i remember why i started my diet and i get motivated again.
  • Lien4health
    Lien4health Posts: 11 Member
    I really, seriously do not like exercise but love how I feel after I am done. The "I did it!" feeling like I've won a presidency or something. Perhaps that feeling will wear off but for now, I am using the "I did it!" feeling to motivate me to get back in the saddle again.

Checking the goals off my list!
  • cookiekrunch
    cookiekrunch Posts: 65 Member
    I absolutely love step aerobics and cardio kickboxing. I HATE running/jogging and try to avoid it as much as possible. I also hate weight training but have found two classes at the gym that incorporate it, so I am getting it in that way.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    I love lifting. It is the exercise that's stolen my heart. It clears my head on the crazy days and shows me my own strength when I'm struggling. It is my sanity and my stress relief. It wrecks me, but it is my refuge.

The only trick is finding the kind of exercise that you feel that way about. It's waiting for you.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    OMG yes!! I'm kinda hyper so it helps me burn off all this excess energy. I love to run and lift weights. Running especially because I get to go outside:wink:
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Love it!
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    I love zumba! Going back to kickboxing tonight:love:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Getting started is hard but....

The more I do it ... the more I love it! :smile: :smile: :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1362184-it-s-mfp-and-the-f-is-awesome
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    I did not like it at first. But now I love it and I feel bad the days I don't do it. I do mostly Jillian Michaels' DVD's but I also love yoga. I hate running. The only way I'm running is if I'm being chased by a clown zombie holding a snake.
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    I love it. I've developed an intense relationship with my treadmill and my bike. I feel weird if I don't spend time with them every day.

And they must love me back, because I look fabulous!