Do you really like exercise?

Options

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I love cycling.
    I love the way weight lifting makes me feel and look, and how good I feel when I add weight or reach goals in the gym, but I do not love/like actually doing it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    For the most part, yes. Hitting a new PR is awesome. Continual incremental progress toward that PR was/is also awesome.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I love mountain biking. I like weight lifting, road biking, and walking/hiking. I like to read and don't mind doing it on mindless machines like the elliptical when I have to. Spin classes are kind of fun too. I also like yoga videos, but have never done a class.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I like lifting more than last time. I like eating more. I like my abs. I do not like cardio(which is what I consider exercise) .
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I love my early morning power walks. When I go to bed I can not wait to wake and hit the road. I get a "high" around mile 3 and my legs kick into gear. It is as if they have a mind of there own. I am usually out the door at 5 or 5:15 each morning.
  • ladybuglucy
    ladybuglucy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I HATE it!!! No part about it do I like! Nope, I truly can say I hate it!!!
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I love kickboxing. I wake up every M, W, F excited for class. I like lifting ok but love what it does for my body and how I feel afterwards.
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    actually now I love it!! It took a while to work to that but now the day is not complete unless I do some kind of a work out. Find something you love and you will really look forward to going. I do several things (kickboxing, run, bike and lift) when you do a variety you really keep your mind and body in tune.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I love lifting. So much so that I now compete.

@sarauk - And You help others here! Cheers! :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Yesssssss. :smooched:
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    No, I actually hate it. It feels like a waste of energy and time when I could be doing something that NEEDS to be done in the yard etc etc. As a whole any physical labor I put in the same categories... work and play. Lifting weights goes in the work category while playing basketball or something like that is play. Trying to marry the two has been very difficult, and there are sites out there trying to help like fitocracy... or for walking/jogging Ingress.... but those are just helpers, it is still work that I am doing but getting no instant results or "things" accomplished.

That said, I do it anyways as the long term goal, getting fit, getting in shape, getting "deem muscles" is the goal and that won't happen sitting on my *kitten* wishing. Do I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment or seeing my huge thigh muscles or monster calves while I lift? Sure, but not enough to where it is anything less than work still.
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    After two half years I'm now starting to like it. I used to hate it and feel terrible before, during and after it. I've found exercise that Ive grown to really enjoy for different reasons. Some of it is sociable, some meditative and I like what its doing for my health and the sense of achievement.
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have an entirely different view of exercise when I'm out of shape. I hate when I drop the ball for a month or two and struggle to get back into it. Once I get in my grove, I go into my own little world when exercising and it becomes a stress relief.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have a complicated relationship with exercise. I like exercise, but not enough to motivate me to do it. What I mean is, once I get going I'm like "wow, this isn't so bad, I should do this more often!", but before I start I'm like "ugh, no, exercise, I don't wanna!"

I also hate exercising if I have to go somewhere else to do it. For example, I HATE having to drive/walk/bus/whatever to the gym. I feel like it takes too much of my time to get ready to go, travel there, workout, travel home, etc. So I really only like home workouts & walking/running. My favorite is walking because I feel like I can go on for miles & miles without getting tired, and it's a good time to think, unwind, and get some fresh air - but even that I sometimes have to really talk myself into.

ETA this:
    It's so much easier to stick to a regular exercise regimen if you're doing something you love to do.
    because I think it's so important & it's the reason I don't force myself to go to the gym when I know I hate it.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I would say I love hiking. I love being surrounded by nature and the hills add a bit of a challenge. I like walking and I like heavy lifting but I don't love it. I wish I could love running but I didn't care for it.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I know that it is necessary, but do you really like it? I have found two activities that I tolerate (walking and kickboxing) but have yet to find an exercise I like...

The short answer is yes I like it.

The longer answer is that individual sessions range from mildly unpleasant to fun, and I generally feel happier afterwards than when I started. It can sometimes be a drag, and there's the occasional day when I just can't get into it. But I generally find that physical exertion makes me happy and at peace.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i love it. I've always had a lot of energy to burn so sitting still has never been something that i've done well. I was the girl climbing the monkey bars and and playing kickball and freeze tag with the boys in grade school, played multiple sports in high school and played a sport in college. i'm also a huge fan of doing active things like bike tours, walking tours, kayaking, etc.

even with that, i'm overweight :laugh: i think the only exercise i don't like doing is most exercise class stuff and cardio on most machines.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I know that it is necessary, but do you really like it? I have found two activities that I tolerate (walking and kickboxing) but have yet to find an exercise I like...
    I like riding a bike. I like kayaking. I like swimming. I like diving. I like playing ping pong on the xbox. I like climbing on stuff. I like running around with the kids.

I don't like exercise for the sake of exercise, but there are a million ways to get exercise without mindless boring repetitive cardio.
  • ElizIvory
    ElizIvory Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    For me it is a yes and no. I love lifting, I love biking, I love swimming. I am trying so hard to get into running but it hurts my knee (I have screws in one knee and one hip from a car accident) I like walking with people, or with my dog exploring new areas. I love listening to music and dancing around like a goof.

I think you just have to find something you can do that you don't think of as work perhaps? I have never liked running but I want to, but I am finding it difficult. I have always loved swimming, I am part fish I swear so for me, swimming being "exercise" is like cake being vegetables!
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I get restless and kinda cranky if I go more than a day or two without exercising.