Do you really like exercise?

Options

Replies

• salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I LOVE going to the gym, doing yoga and running. I have to do one of those things every day or I get really restless and cranky.
  • FatalFatty
    Options
    No!! I ****ing hate it but I do it anyways
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I like it if I've had enough sleep and have been getting good nutrition. If I'm low on my fat macro I especially feel like crap.
  • jan3h
    jan3h Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's a great mood-lifter. And I like having abs and shoulders, can't have them without crunches, planks, pushups and boxercise :-)
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Love it
  • ZoofMW
    ZoofMW Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Most days I really do. My favorite form of exercise is spin cycling and I really enjoy other types of intensive cardio. The endorphin release after struggling through an hour of torture is always worth it.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I love it! I love the challenge and I love the feeling afterwards. I love to push myself and feel very proud when I can surpass a goal I have set for myself.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I love running and even if I ever reach my goal weight, I will still continue to do running.

+1 It's been 20+ years since I've run more than 1/2 a street block. When I joined MFP, and "saw" how many more calories I could burn running vs. walking (and less time to do it) I thought I'd give it a try.

Silly reason, but it got me hooked. I LOVE it! It's easy, it's free, and there's a myriad of trails and paths in my town to keep it interesting and fun.

I may not be the fastest, nor can I run the farthest, but it's such a motivator to see myself able to go a little further and a little faster each time I go for a run.

EDIT: I *was* going to do a workout video today. But since it's cooled off outside, I think I totally talked myself into a little jog instead. See ya!
  • bigdaddy987
    Options
    I love exercise and lifting weights. The only person I have to compete against is myself. :)
  • busyemm
    busyemm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love cranking my tunes as I go for a brisk walk. I track with MMF and have a rail trail close so if I plan on 4 k , I will get to 2 k and feel the adrenaline rush and keep going a bit further to make it a 5 or 6 k walk.
    I also like my step aerobics on rainy days. The first 5 or 10 minutes are rough but a great soundtrack and I have a 30-40 min workout in.
    Just for walking, I am a geocacher and finding a trail with some hidden treasures doesn't even feel like exercise as I'm out in nature enjoying the scenery and bird songs and befor I know it I've found some geocaches and seen some wild animals. Bunnies deer etc.
  • teresaingebrigtsen
    teresaingebrigtsen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do really love it. I didn't for a long time, but I love it now. I like the way it makes me feel after pushing myself to do more, and if I am doing something new, I even kind of enjoy a little muscle soreness, that means I am using muscles I havent used much before. I love going to the gym, not only for the exercise but it's my social time too. I spend between 2 and 3 hours every morning in the gym both working out and chatting with friends. I do really love it.
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    For the most part, yes. I took about a year of regular exercise and experimenting. I love it now, anything fit related is a hobby now. I'm so bored when I don't exercise. I also love the effects, my moods are better, my blood pressure is normal, I feel confident, even though I still have a lot to lose, I feel better than ever.
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I know that it is necessary, but do you really like it? I have found two activities that I tolerate (walking and kickboxing) but have yet to find an exercise I like...

I enjoy my elliptical. I'll get on it and zone out. Listen to music, watch television or jump on it when I'm mad about something. It is a my go to stress reliever. Working the body, helps the mind.

Maybe the idea is to not find an exercise, but find an activity you enjoy.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Do I like exercise... I must say yes I do... I like the fact that now i have the strength and the stamina to do other things in my life...
    Exercise is a means to an end... and I like that and I like what i've become.......and lastly I like the me time.... it provides...

me-gif.gif
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I enjoy exercise that takes me places - hiking, biking, snowshoeing, skiing, kayaking.

I'm not a fan of lifting weights or using cardio equipment, but I'll do it if I must.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Do I like the first couple of minutes? Honestly, not really (I'm an early morning exerciser... and on cold mornings, the bed is hard to leave). That said, once I'm warmed up and "in the zone", I adore the movement and the feeling of well-being I get when I'm moving. Overall, heck yes, I do like my exercise!
  • theCaityCat
    theCaityCat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I do! I like lifting weights and cycling. I'm also going to start doing water aerobics in the fall after work, which looks like fun. I *really* like the mood and energy boost I get afterward.

The problem is that during the school year, unless I'm already in the habit of exercising in the mornings, it's hard to get out of bed in time to exercise for a little while AND get ready for work. Especially if I have a staff meeting or IEP/referral meeting that morning. Still, 15 minutes of moving around makes a big difference for me.
  • charliecopley
    Options
    I can't calm my mind doing toga or mediation. Somehow the treadmill or the weights machine in my room does quiet my mind.
  • Evilsha
    Evilsha Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love the results. I hate getting started, but once I do I love it.
  • ukelady86
    ukelady86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hate it. To be perfectly yet refreshingly honest, I find it a bore and a chore. However, like flossing, it's just something one has to do if one wants to stay healthy. The only exercises I've ever LOVED were belly dancing, but my teacher retired and I can't find anyone I like as much.....kayaking in Maine, except I live in NY....and paddleball, which I need a partner for and my husband's not always available. I do love kicking his butt, though, when we do play.
    Mostly I walk, jog a bit, jump around on a rebounder, do yoga with a friend. I HATE classes, gyms, videos, loud, bossy instructors. I've never gotten the so called "high" from working out, or felt "energized", even when I was dedicated. Must be missing that gene.
    I will say that afterward, I feel nice and tired/relaxed, which is why I work out in the evening....always makes me sleep great!
    I HATE sweating and feeling short-winded.
    I really can't think of anything I'd rather do less!
    So my dear, you're not alone. Do the best you can and don't feel "less than" for being honest. I love to hear about people who don't find exercise thrilling! Makes me feel more human when I drag myself through another routine.