Has anybody tried Slim Fast?

Options
I have 7 pounds left to lose and started slim fast today and I was just wondering whether anyone else has tried it before?

So far I'm not too sure about carrying on, the drinks seem far too sugary!! Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Amber :flowerforyou:

Replies

• teach1975
    Options
    I use it some. I did use it a lot several years ago when I lost about 25 pounds. Many people say there is too much sugar and other additives. I am not into all that info., I liked the taste and it helped me stay in my calorie ranges. Good luck!
  • zistheword
    Options
    My mom tried slim fast a few years ago and it didn't do much of anything. The bars are useful if you can't have a good meal though.
  • dino_morgan
    dino_morgan Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! The best thing I can tell you is to STAY AWAY from Silm Fast. When I first decided to start losing weight, this was the first thing I turned to. The second I stopped using it, I gained all my weight back. It is literally just milk and sugar, which is why it says it stifles your appetite. Plus, if you're following the "Slim Fast diet plan", then you will not be getting enough calories. Therefore, your body will go into crisis mode, and you will never lose those last few pounds! If you have 7 pounds left to lose, work out a little harder and carefully track what you're eating. Those last seven pounds will be stubborn as hell, but stick to it and you will get there!
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Well- this may be TMI- but you asked. I always used it "wrong" and drank them with a piece of fruit or something and I was pretty ill most of the time I was drinking slim fast- I decided the way it works is by running my butt off to the restroom and not having time to digest the calories.

Hope it turns out to be okay for you!
  • mommyfirst77
    Options
    I did not have a problem with the way it tasted.... But I gained weight with it! I do not know what to tell you! Some ppl say yes some say no! I did the EAS Myoplex ones and I actually lost with it!
  • princess_f
    Options
    yeah, it was rubbish!! lost 1lb in two weeks, was always hungry and put the 1lb back on as soon as i stopped!
  • nuttybuttersmommy
    nuttybuttersmommy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I done slimfast, It did help kick start my weight loss, but i was always hungry... and eventually it did not work... I have much better sucess with just county cals and exercising... but maybe to help lower cals, drink a shake for breakfast, or lunch which ever you really dont have time to prepair... and then cut cals with the other two meals....
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I would sugest a regular protein shake made with milk and a powder from a health food store. Slim fast is yummy but really sugary. Because of the high sugar content, their scoop is smaller, which means less powder, less protein, less filling. I think it may be ok once in awhile if you need to eat on the run, but there are way better alternatives out there for people serious about losing weight.
  • UneJolieFemme
    UneJolieFemme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You'd probably be better off making real healthy changes to your lifestyle instead of taking what seems like an easy shortcut right now. Truth is there's no shortcuts at loosing weight. You need to eat healthy and exercise. This strategy rarely fails.
  • gembanana
    gembanana Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I also had a bad experience with it - too much sugar, I was crashing all the time, jittery/sleepy/hungry.

For simplicity, an actual Protein Shake with a piece of fruit is a lot better option. I like EATING food though, I don't get that full sensation until i chew. What I do on busy days - a package of quaker quick oats (pre-portioned, 120 calories), half a scoop of additive free protein (50 calories), a dash of almond milk, sometimes half a banana or some blueberries - awesome under 300 cal meal that has protein and fibre to sustain your energy.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I had a terrible experience with Slim fast 3-2-1 plan. I did it over the summer and thought it would help me jump start weight loss before the new school year happened- and it did. I lost 17 pounds in about a month on this diet and exercising every day. I then had to stop when I came down with Mono (which lead to more weight loss due to loss of appetite). By the time I was better, I was back at school, and ended up gaining all the weight back (and more) by going back to my old, terrible eating habits. That's when I noticed my hair starting falling out, for a couple months (it has now stopped). This happened because of the lack of food, nutrients, vitamins while I was sick and on the slim fast diet- my body was in shock because I was not feeding it how it was used to. Now that I'm on a healthy diet, my hair has stayed intact and growing back! It was the scariest months when my thick hair started thinning. I will never do slim fast again, and would never recommend it!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i've tried slim fast & i liked the taste, but i didn't lose any weight at all & i was always hungry. if you're looking for a crash diet/non lifestyle change to quickly drop the 7, i'd suggest phase one of atkins or south beach diet. they work quickly & you can eat as much of the 'free' foods as you want.