What is the oldest age you would ever go for in a partner?

Options

Replies

• littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    When I was 19 I had a boyfriend who was 42. He wanted to get married, I said I wasn't ready. If we had, I'm 56 now and he would be 79.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'm very open to possibilities. I'm 24 but a healthy, strong attractive man up to age 50 is fine to me... I actually don't like to dating younger guys. They don't know what they want and just keep playing mind games all day.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    I am almost 22. Some men in there upper 30's i could really see myself with!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I am 26 and the oldest I would go is probably 32-35 maybe
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    One foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel. That's what I like.
  • BDWhite72
    BDWhite72 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Age and maturity are mutually exclusive and age is just a number. If I wasn't married, I would consider 10 years younger or older and I'm 41. So there, my 2 cents.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    I agree with BDMarshall - you can't go by age. If I wasn't married - I would go 25-50 - it's all on who he is, not how old he is...
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I am 47. I don't have a cut off age but I don't want to date a man my father's age. I would rather be with an older man than one who is younger and at a different place in his life than I am in mine.
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and my current partner is 48 (17 years difference), for us it works and we have a great relationship. I'm not sure I would go much older than him, but I wouldn't rule it out either.
  • tonileigh820
    tonileigh820 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I'm 28. I think I would date up to about 35ish and down to about 24-25ish.
  • sammharley1
    sammharley1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and the last guy I was in a long relationship with was 33.

I'd never go for a younger guy!
  • vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm very open to possibilities. I'm 24 but a healthy, strong attractive man up to age 50 is fine to me... I actually don't like to dating younger guys. They don't know what they want and just keep playing mind games all day.

Oh dear. Believe me, men over 40 are playing games with you too. But you don't notice because they've had lots of practice and they're better at it than the youngsters are.

I also just question the judgment of men over 40 that are trying to date 20-somethings. I'm 23, and I actually have found 40-something men attractive, but I'd wonder if the guy makes a habit of trying to pick up young women. Also, my parents are both in those 40s, so I'd just be creeped out.

The oldest guy I've dated was 29 when I was 21. I guess I'd put the limit at about 32, and the lower limit at 21 - although I generally prefer guys that are a bit older than me.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    My preferred range for a partner is 25 - 35 for the most part (I'm 41).
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    How old is Betty White? That chick rocks!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I once dated a 47 year old man. It was nice, but I am not sure I want to go much older. I reallllllly tired of him talking about his Roth 401k all the damn time.

Probably sucked having to eat supper at like 4:30 everyday too.
    I'm sure the shuffleboard tourneys were sick though.
  • Frostbitten007
    Frostbitten007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and would date a guy up to the age of 30. The youngest I would go for is 18, but I am mostly attracted to older guys. When I was 17, I dated a guy 4 years older even though I was a minor. I have a crush on Keith Urban and he's 46. But, I don't count it because he's a celebrity.
  • livendive
    livendive Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I was 18, I dated a 30 year old woman and that seemed fine at the time, though a bit weird now. I've been with my wife for nearly 8 years now (married 2) and she's 12 years younger than me and only 7 years older than my daughter. It seems fine to all involved. Age is not nearly as important as compatibility, and we have fun together.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    When I was 18, I dated a 30 year old woman and that seemed fine at the time, though a bit weird now. I've been with my wife for nearly 8 years now (married 2) and she's 12 years younger than me and only 7 years older than my daughter. It seems fine to all involved. Age is not nearly as important as compatibility, and we have fun together.

...Dated? Like, you paid for dates?
  • akelly3391
    akelly3391 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Honestly it's more about maturity than age.
    I'm 23 and have gone on a date with a 28 year old who has been working for 9 years and whose hobbies were golf and watching the news so he came off a little too old for me.
    On the other hand, I go to school with someone who is 32 but since he's in a similar place in his life as me, he doesn't seem too old.
    I wouldn't go younger, just personal preference.
    I also wouldn't go for a professor, though I'd admit to having a few teacher-crushes.
  • pineappledreams32
    pineappledreams32 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    we have been together for almost 2 years, and he has never been married nor kids, my parents are fine taking that my father and mother are 20 years apart.... he does want kids and to get married and honestly i don't really hangout with people my age cause they are all immature i get along better with his friends and there partners. also we have alot in common taking that my parents and his parents are like the same age... i always had the older parents.... dad was 52 when i was born.... and I could care less about age " age doesnt matter unless its wine or cheese" :)

I am 22 years old and my bf is 46 and it's the best relationship I have ever been in. He complete me. As cliche as that sounds but I have never been so happy.

this is fascinating to me.

can you tell us a bit more about your relationship? how did you meet? how long have you been together? has he been married? does he have kids? are they older than you are? do your parents approve? do you want kids? does he? what do your friends think? does he go out with your group of pals and do what 22yos do? i give him a lot of credit if he can keep up lol. (and just for the record, i know it doesnt necessarily matter what other people think about a relationship, im really just curious. sorry for the 3rd degree, im just very interested.)

thats quite an age gap.

i think i could go 4-5ish years in either direction (im 36). who knows....maybe im wrong and theres a perfect 60yo out there for me. i "dated" a 31yo chick when i was 19, but it was really just a summer of having a consistent hookup and being wined and dined. it was nice, but at the end of the day, i dont think i could have had a deep emotional relationship with her. perhaps i was too young at the time, but when she got out some of her old records from high school and reminisced about the past, i felt so young and she seemed so old.