What is the oldest age you would ever go for in a partner?

larddragon
larddragon Posts: 24 Member
And how old are you?

I'm 19 and a 50 year old man (my college professor) had made it clear that he likes me. To be honest though I actually wouldn't mind going with a man that age! The only thing stopping me would be my parents and friends I guess.

It's weird but I've only ever been attracted to men between the ages of 35-60.

What about you guys? :D

Replies

• christinebryant80
    christinebryant80 Posts: 130 Member
    Im 34 and I dated a guy that was 42. Dont think Id go any older then that
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    I'm 24 but I think I'd draw the line at my mom's age, at least for now.
    I'd like a lover, not a daddy.

ETA and yeah, i agree with what everyone else is saying. Do not go for it! If they are in a position of authority over you, and are hitting on you, then that is very inappropriate and should probably even be reported to administration.
    That is just creepy x100
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    And how old are you?

I'm 19 and a 50 year old man (my college professor) had made it clear that he likes me. To be honest though I actually wouldn't mind going with a man that age! The only thing stopping me would be my parents and friends I guess.

you are 19 and attracted to men who are up tp 60?

go for it.
  • lewoldt
    lewoldt Posts: 630 Member
    my ex was 9 years older. so I guess that would be my limit that way. Girlfriend is 19 years my junior and that is about as young as I would go that way
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    I'm 25.
    Like girls near my age.
    Maybe up to 28. Depends.
    I'd also go down to 18/19.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Is no one going to comment on how inappropriate it is for a college professor to be hitting on his student?
  • Nightcometh
    Nightcometh Posts: 67 Member
    I never had this happen before, but my boyfriend is over twice my age and we are very happy together. Sometimes it's just right.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    I think society has a bit of a bias in place for us guys... oldest girl I ever dated was in her 40's when I was in my 20's. My friends ripped on me relentlessly but the gal was a hoot so I didn't give a crap.

I think a lot of us, male and female, get caught up in the fact that many in our generation seem to be brain dead so we start looking for different levels of intellectual and physical engagement.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Is no one going to comment on how inappropriate it is for a college professor to be hitting on his student?
    ^this
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    12 years is wear I draw the line
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Depends on how much money they have
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    I'm 28, my fiancé is 42. Age isn't something that's ever been an important factor for me, when I was younger I had a couple of crushes on men far older than me. I like the maturity and conversation that often accompanies an older man. He isn't fazed by me being younger either. We're very happy, and aren't concerned if anyone doesn't approve of the 14 year difference between us (nobody has said anything negative that we're aware of.)

I could be totally mistaken as I don't know American rules well but isn't it against school rules for a professor to make advances towards a student? Surely he's risking his job. Plus, the whole influence moral issue, it's messy ground to get mixed up in.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    It changes as I age. When I was 16, I wouldn't go older than 25. (I know, I know. I was that jailbaity girl.)
    I'm 31 now (and married, so it's a nonissue) but were I single, I'd date up to 45 depending on their lifestyle and health, and down to 24, depending on their maturity and my goals at the time. (obvs objectively and theoretically speaking.)
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Your professor doesn't "like" you, he's hoping you're young and impressionable enough to trade sex for good grades. You're probably not the first and you won't be the last. Just. No.
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    10 years would be my limit
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    iam 27 and i'd date guys older then me the oldest i ever dated was a 40yr old
    :0 i just prefer older over young more then likely
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    And how old are you?

I'm a terrible poster and thread reader - I didn't read the OP's post before responding.

MaggieMuggle ftw on this one.

The reason a man that much older than you, and in a position of power (sorry, he's your prof, the power imbalance there is astronomical) over you is making advances, he is NOT a guy to go with, age regardless.

The issue here isn't age, though a strong arguement could be made for the mental issues of a 50 year old man pursuing a woman so young he can't even take her wine-tasting, the issue is the absolute inappropriateness of the advance of a professor towards their student.

Say no. Drop the class, or if you really need the class, report his *kitten*. He's out of line in a major, major way.
  • ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Thinking back, I now realize that the majority of women I've gone out with have been older than me by 1 or 2 years up to about 10 or 12 years. I think the only one who wasn't older than me was my ex-wife, who was only younger than me by 1 year. I never consciously sought out older women, that just seems to be how it's always worked out for me. Anyhow, I don't really have a concrete rule in place regarding age ... it really all boils down to personality and how we "click", not age*.

* Whilst I won't dismiss anyone based strictly on their age, 18 is obviously my lower limit and I would probably consider anyone who is 45 to be my upper limit.
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    somewhere around 10-12 years older would be my personal limit
    not sure if i would want to date someone (much) younger than me, we would be in really different places i would think
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I'm 67 and have a problem with a guy who's over 71. No one takes me for my chronological age. 55 on the other hand... :flowerforyou: Too bad guys my age are so oriented to the number 40.