What is the oldest age you would ever go for in a partner?

Options

Replies

• msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    to the OP..
    don't even go there...your college professor =/= good idea EVER and your parents and family would be right to be outraged over this and it would not be due to his age.

It is EXACTLY like a high school teacher hitting on a kid.

Now...as for this age thing, well the age lines get blurrier as you get older. You certainly don't feel like the age on your driver's licence.
  • Byrd718
    Byrd718 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 42. I think 55 would be my limit. I've never liked younger men.
  • Desifreckle
    Desifreckle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and I wouldn't be comfortable dating someone older than 32 -- but It wouldn't be a deal breaker if he were older than 32.

I've gotten more and more warmed up to the idea of dating older after dating a few guys my age and finding them a little to immature.
  • larddragon
    larddragon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Crap I meant to say university, not college (UK).
    I wasn't aware there were any rules about professor student relationships cause legally I'm an adult? I'd never go with my professor to make my grades better though, I'd much rather work hard and earn it myself.

As for the professor, he doesn't seem like a creep, honestly. I've met old guys who hit on me and obviously just want to have sex, but he really isn't like that. He's really polite and gives a lot of compliments and although he has expressed his feelings for me i don't feel forced into it and he'd never do anying I didnt want I dont think. I admit I do kind of like him. Sorry guys, I just hope I didn't make him sound bad!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Is no one going to comment on how inappropriate it is for a college professor to be hitting on his student?

Yeah. That's messed up and probably against some serious rules. Furthermore what can a 50-year-old possibly have in common with a 19 year old besides sex?
  • HappyQuella
    HappyQuella Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 and had a go with a 32 year old. I think mid thirties would be my limit. That particular guy wasn't particularly great, but i like the maturity and experience. :)
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    I wish I was a professor now, no I'd rather be with my own age. Did younger, but was ok. Older, well if they aren't in a wheel chair and diapers. Just need lube right?
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Is no one going to comment on how inappropriate it is for a college professor to be hitting on his student?

Yeah. That's messed up and probably against some serious rules. Furthermore what can a 50-year-old possibly have in common with a 19 year old besides sex?

I'm 50, and I don't think even sex would be a factor for me.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    *crickets*
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 42 and have never gone more than, say 5 or 6 years older than myself. After that, we're dealing with a huge gap in knowledge, experiences, etc., and it's too uncomfortable.

The oldest guy I've had hit on me was a 75 year old guy and I was like 32 at the time. I was not the least bit interested and somewhat irritated. I mean, what the hell would we have in common? Nothing, that's what.
  • KatieKat1979
    KatieKat1979 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 & my ex it's 46. Ten years seems to be probably my limits...
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    I am 100, does it matter ? Lol
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Aged like wine!
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware there were any rules about professor teacher relationships cause legally I'm an adult?
    There are. Appearance of impropriety, schools don't want to leave themselves open to lawsuits.

But it happens and no one cares unless there's a complaint. I know a 35-y.o. prof whose girlfriend is a 19-y.o. undergrad. She's pretty cute so... good job, I guess. Too dangerous IMO, she can literally get you fired.

For myself, I'm 28 and oldest would be 30, at least in theory.
    ETA : for the record, youngest would be 23, again at least in theory.
  • MzFyreKitty
    Options
    Don't let an older man use you tho! You should only date him because you like him and if he tries to get something out of you for a better grade, report him! When I was 25, I dated a 49 year old and now I"m in my 50's and my husband is about 13 years younger....
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware there were any rules about professor teacher relationships cause legally I'm an adult? I'd never go with my professor to make my grades better though, I'd much rather work hard and earn it myself.

As for the professor, he doesn't seem like a creep, honestly. I've met old guys who hit on me and obviously just want to have sex, but he really isn't like that. He's really polite and gives a lot of compliments and although he has expressed his feelings for me i don't feel forced into it and he'd never do anying I didnt want I dont think. I admit I do kind of like him. Sorry guys, I just hope I didn't make him sound bad!
    I'm not surprised you are flattered. It's because of his position his behaviour is inappropriate and he should know better than to flatter you like this. This might help to clarify things a little- if it's any kind of a decent Uni he could be sacked for dating/hitting on you in this manner. If in doubt ask your Dad to explain it.

In regards to the thread- I married a guy 15 yrs older than me and was happy til the day he died. Still miss him. Age is immaterial. It's all to do with how your brains and souls fit together.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    OP, this has nothing to do with age of consent etc. As a graduate student at UCLA it was made very clear to me that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should I EVER engage in a romantic relationship with an undergrad in one of my classes. I had ungrads who were older than I was, didn't matter.

Your Prof KNOWS that he should not be doing this. I assure you it is completely against the university ethics policies. I know it still happens, but you need to RUN from this prof as fast as you can!
  • kmkylemo
    kmkylemo Posts: 1,103
    Options
    I could go 5 years older or 5 years younger.
  • spiritfire13
    spiritfire13 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I think the oldest I would date would be 31but that's me I prefer women closer to my age. Also I think dating a professor is a terrible idea.