What type of birth control will help me lose weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• jbkdavison
    jbkdavison Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Depot is what caused me to develop PCOS. I'd recommend that form of BC only if you have no other option.
  • Cracken99
    Cracken99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had major mood swings and could not lose weight on Depo. I went on BC to help with endometrioses (2 surgeries and I lost an Ovary to it) . When I started Yaz I lost 10 lbs, all water. That was like 10 years ago? No mood swings, no weight gain, no endometrioses.
  • imaginaryplant
    imaginaryplant Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit will cause weight loss, a calorie surplus will cause weight gain.

Guess which one you're in.

For those with PCOS or Thyroid issues, a calorie deficit alone is not always prescription for weight loss, sorry to burst your bubble. I don't suppose you have ever been on any type of birth control, so I feel that your smart *kitten* comment to the OP is pretty useless. Anytime hormones are manipulated or unbalanced, you potentially stand to gain.
  • Imadorkable
    Imadorkable Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit will cause weight loss, a calorie surplus will cause weight gain.

Guess which one you're in.

For those with PCOS or Thyroid issues, a calorie deficit alone is not always prescription for weight loss, sorry to burst your bubble. I don't suppose you have ever been on any type of birth control, so I feel that your smart *kitten* comment to the OP is pretty useless. Anytime hormones are manipulated or unbalanced, you potentially stand to gain.

Totally agree. I have some friends with PCOS that have to take Metformin (a diabetic drug) in order to help with weight loss.