Feeling discouraged

mrslondon
mrslondon Posts: 146 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
I didnt really lose any weight last week and i dont know why. I ate good and stuck to everything but nothing came off, help! Im feeling discouraged

3514289.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• Don't be discouraged! You're not going to lose weight every week. As your body adjusts to your new lifestyle, it will be easier to fall into a pattern and your body will recognize the things you're eating. Don't worry, you may just have to adjust your diet a little bit!
    Don't be discouraged many people (especially women) tend to lose much more slowly.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Every one of us has times we don't lose when we expect to. I just blogged this very subject.
  • We all go throught those periods! Keep your head up and stay focused! You may want to look at what your higher numbers were last week i.e carb, sugar, etc~ and reduce it a lil!?!?!
  • JeanK56
    JeanK56 Posts: 76
    Don't be discouraged. It will change as time goes on. I gained my first week.
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    I felt like that last week, the scale just wouldn't budge, but then this week I lost another pound. Sometimes it helps if you go back and have a look at your food and exercise diary, see where you can maybe make some changes. Hang in there, the weight will come off if you stick with it :)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Might be your sodium...gotta make sure thats low and hmm I dont know how much you excercise but you could try increasing it if possible
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    I've run 50 miles so far this year, and not lost a thing :( My calories have only gone over a day or 2, but that was on days I didn't work out and tried to stick to 1200 cal. :(
    I feel your pain, stick in there!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Look over your meal plan? Is there somethin' you can tweak? Are you drinkin' alot of water? maybe take into consideration that 'time of month' is comin'...Perhaps you gained some muscles while workin' out?...Patience as my Husband keeps remindin' me...
  • When I had a week like that I went back and asked MFP to show me my sodium. A real eye opener and at the root of my issue. Its worth looking into.

Be sure you are drinking a minimum of 64 oz a day (I do 120oz) and logging everything you eat. This was just one week of a much longer process. I had many weeks like you did and I continue to lose. Do the right things and the right things will happen if you are patient. As much as we like to talk like weight loss is something to do with our feelings or our mindset, its really only science. Sometimes it just doesnt happen in the timeframe we thought, but it happens. The only thing that matters is that you dont quit.
  • mrslondon
    mrslondon Posts: 146 Member
    Thanks guys, I will try adjusting a little, I probably ate too much bread last week and my body is a little all over the place with my hormones etc, im hoping it is just water weight. I didnt work out as much last week either as I usually work out outside by walking etc and it rained alot so this week hopefully the weather will look up and I can go out this week and get back on it, I will still stick to it, I need to do this!!

3514289.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    I felt the same way this week, I only lost 1 pound but I followed my meal plan and exercised like crazy!!! It is sooo frustrating
This discussion has been closed.