Options

Replies

• sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Lots of strong first posts here. Probably just a coincidence
  • missouri_mom
    Options
    Hi. I just joined myfitnesspal this morning. I've been on plexus slim for 2 months now and I haven't lost one single pound. What I don't understand though is I completely changed my lifestyle. I go to the gym for over an hour a day (and work out HARD), I eat pretty well, I cut out all soda, and drink over 100 ounces of water a day. Even if the plexus is a scam, it still seems like I'd lose SOMETHING...anything...with all the other changes I made. I'm so discouraged. I know we shouldn't change ourselves for other people, but my husband is disgusted with me and about to leave. I'm disgusted with myself. Any advice or encouragement would be great. I have a friend (I use that word loosely) who is in the same physical shape I am (same weight, height, physical ailments, age) and we started the plexus together and she losing weight like crazy AND she's not exercising at all. I'm seriously discouraged.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Yayyy, IN!
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who's been trying to pimp her "Pink Drink" stuff to me (Plexus) at least once a week, I also have a couple other friends trying to pimp Shakeology and Beachbody to me too. I did what best suits me by working with a trainer and nutritionist because this is a whole lifestyle change, IF I used some voodoo magic pill or drink, it does NOT teach me how to maintain after the magic is over. I have to laugh because each of those magic remedies ALL talk about healthy eating AND exercise...things I am already doing and losing with without the help of those things. Get a trainer, get a nutrionist, the money is more worth it than some magic, unproven to work remedy!!
  • ValGogo
    Options
    I think it doesn't matter. People are going to take stuff like that whether or not they get the "right" answer. Until they surrender and realize that there is a simple, responsible solution, they will be pursuing the magic elixirs for the rest of their lives.

(shrugs)
  • ValGogo
    Options
    It works!!!!!!!!! I started with the 3 day trial and in 7 hours i seen results. Tighter belly and it was less hanging. I just had a baby 2 months ago. I was going on vacation a week before I started. I lost 10lb in that week with just the 3 day trial. I took it one day and the next i would just drink lots of water. It worked for me. Look at my profile picture. that's me in just one week i lost 10lb!!!!!!!

1378095315_laughter.gif
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just joined myfitnesspal this morning. I've been on plexus slim for 2 months now and I haven't lost one single pound. What I don't understand though is I completely changed my lifestyle. I go to the gym for over an hour a day (and work out HARD), I eat pretty well, I cut out all soda, and drink over 100 ounces of water a day. Even if the plexus is a scam, it still seems like I'd lose SOMETHING...anything...with all the other changes I made. I'm so discouraged. I know we shouldn't change ourselves for other people, but my husband is disgusted with me and about to leave. I'm disgusted with myself. Any advice or encouragement would be great. I have a friend (I use that word loosely) who is in the same physical shape I am (same weight, height, physical ailments, age) and we started the plexus together and she losing weight like crazy AND she's not exercising at all. I'm seriously discouraged.

This is a bad thread to post in, looking for serious help. But, since you asked for it.... Below are three good links with tons of valuable advice. You just joined MFP, so you may have never logged all your food intake. That's a priority, and you should start doing that today. When you say, 'you eat pretty well...' that could mean anything. You need to ascertain that you are eating at a deficit. That is how you will lose weight. If you want more help, start a thread in the Getting Started forum. This thread is for criticizing Plexus Slim. But, you should be able to make a big start with the info from the links below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161976-adopt-a-noob-official-mfp-thread
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    It works!!!!!!!!! I started with the 3 day trial and in 7 hours i seen results. Tighter belly and it was less hanging. I just had a baby 2 months ago. I was going on vacation a week before I started. I lost 10lb in that week with just the 3 day trial. I took it one day and the next i would just drink lots of water. It worked for me. Look at my profile picture. that's me in just one week i lost 10lb!!!!!!!

Results in 7 hours.

:huh: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tqbowen
    tqbowen Posts: 1
    Options
    I'll stick to diet and exercise. Was hoping for a little boost.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My husband has been on the slim drink for anout 5 weeks and his A1C (3 month average) went from 9.7 to 7.2 and i have the labs to,prove it. He is off of his anxiety medication rrom his open heart surgery and his mood is amazing. Myn11 year old granddaughter too was struggling with mood and is all smiles. I have ADHD and can focus so good at work withoutnthe horribile,side effects of medications. Plexus has changed our lives. We love it.

Uh...am I reading this wrong, or are you saying that you're giving your 11 year old granddaughter diet pills?? Did anyone else catch that?

I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading on this thread, this is obviously such a scam...as someone else pointed out, the most glowing reviews are being written by people who have only ever posted on this one thread. Coincidence?

If anyone reading this thread is actually thinking of trying this crap, I suggest you should pay greater attention to the people who had negative reactions to it and/or gained weight. Even though the good reviews are making this out to be a wonder drug cure-all, nothing works like that. If it did, it would be real medicine prescribed by doctors, and not some stupid diet shake or whatever this is. :laugh:
  • bloomingbug
    Options
    Yes, with a doctor's approval you can give it to children. The way plexus slim works is that it balances your body and that can mean MANY things. If you don't need to lose weight than you won't. If you do need to lose weight, than you will.

Again, for anyone reading this who is thinking about buying it. DO IT. You never know if you don't try.

This is what my doctor told me:

Plexus products must work for the majority if they can sell a 3 day sample and people see results. Otherwise that would be a huge business mistake.

He's right!

Like I said before , I went 6 months without seeing ANY changes in my body on the outside. What I did feel was more energy and fewer cravings, and less anxiety. MY BODY NEEDED 6 MONTHS TO BALANCE! It's not a quick fix at all.

Do the research on the ingredients for yourself and you will see how they work in your body and that will tell you why it is SAFE for anyone to drink the SLIM....which by the way is not a pill. It's a powder that you put into a bottle of water and drink once a day.

It's not crap, it's life-changing if you give it the time it needs.
  • violetsnantoo
    Options
    i was thinking of trying plexus and have read many different good things,until I came across your blog,so now I am confused adout the good and the bad:smile:
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    My husband has been on the slim drink for anout 5 weeks and his A1C (3 month average) went from 9.7 to 7.2 and i have the labs to,prove it. He is off of his anxiety medication rrom his open heart surgery and his mood is amazing. Myn11 year old granddaughter too was struggling with mood and is all smiles. I have ADHD and can focus so good at work withoutnthe horribile,side effects of medications. Plexus has changed our lives. We love it.

Uh...am I reading this wrong, or are you saying that you're giving your 11 year old granddaughter diet pills?? Did anyone else catch that?

I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading on this thread, this is obviously such a scam...as someone else pointed out, the most glowing reviews are being written by people who have only ever posted on this one thread. Coincidence?

If anyone reading this thread is actually thinking of trying this crap, I suggest you should pay greater attention to the people who had negative reactions to it and/or gained weight. Even though the good reviews are making this out to be a wonder drug cure-all, nothing works like that. If it did, it would be real medicine prescribed by doctors, and not some stupid diet shake or whatever this is. :laugh:

Ok so what your saying is that any product that has ever had a bad review is not worth trying?????

That pretty much eliminates every single thing on the planet....OY VEY!
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options

Results in 7 hours.

:huh: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know and this is why they all think us crazy Pink Drinkers are bad! UGH IDIOTS!!!!
  • LoriF327
    LoriF327 Posts: 2
    Options
    I know some people who sell this stuff and they push it by showing you the big house, the Lexus in the driveway, and the trips they take---wonder where they got all that money? MLM schemes all work the same. People would be better off spending the $$$ on a Vitamix and buying some fruits and vegetables and drinking a healthy smoothie a couple of times a day instead of downing some caffeine and who knows what else that's in Plexus Slim. That's what I'm doing, and I'm losing weight, my digestion is much improved, and I feel better. My husband is pre-diabetic, and it has helped him keep,his blood sugar stable. Balance your body? What does that even mean? Your body wants real food, not some crap invented by a get-rich-quick pyramid company.
  • DSTMT
    Options
    http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2014/37721a-eng.php

Affected products

Plexus Slim Accelerator capsules
    Plexus Slim Accelerator 3 Day Trial pack

Plexus Slim Accelerator capsules, and Plexus Slim Accelerator 3 Day Trial pack
    Product description

These products are promoted for weight loss.
    Hazard identified

The Australia Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) warned consumers not to use these products as they were found to contain 1,3-dimethylamylamine (DMAA), a drug that is not approved for sale in Canada.

Side effects

Side effects associated with DMAA include high blood pressure, shortness of breath, chest pain, stroke and psychiatric disorders.

Sure, that seems like something I'd want to give an 11 year old.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm sure you will get different opinions, but here's mine! I bought 2 months of Plexus after trying the "7-Day trial". On the 7-Day trial I lost 4 pounds, so naturally I wanted to get the month supply. I used the Plexus along with slight diet changes and I took it religiously every day at the same time, and I GAINED 2 pounds. After my 2nd month arrived (I did the automatic thinking it was actually going to work) I started really researching it, and cannot find any valid proof that it actually works. I actually found a few blogs were people gained weight like I had using it. I wish I knew you I would give you my unopened Plexus thats sitting in my kitchen cabinet. I didn't use it because it made me crave sweets like I was pregnant!! Not even lying I would start crying because I was craving sweets and I really wanted the Plexus to work so I wouldn't eat any of them, so I got sad.

But all of that being said, I do personally know of 2 people who have lost a few pounds using Plexus. And I honestly hope it works out in your benefit. I would highly recommend using the 20oz of water per packet; as the taste to me was too strong for anything less than that, I would actually use more than 20 oz. Make sure you're drinking LOTS of water to flush out your system my Plexus rep/personal friend said that is how it actually works.

Best of Luck! =)

I don't understand how you can give someone a recommendation to continue trying to use something when you give this type of review.

And even moreso, considering that added bonus of a second post stating it made you jittery and sick to your stomach.

OP, please don't use this. It sounds like total bull.

Edit to add: Just read through the first page and you continue to promote this product considering that you made SIGNIFICANT changes to your lifestyle (cutting out fast food, soda and carbs plus exercising an hour a day is not slight!!) and yet it still made you gain...... SERIOUSLY woman, just STAWP!!! Listen to what you're saying!! how does this make sense??? 2 people you know lost, yet you and a host of others gained while doing things which would have otherwise resulted in a loss... and you're still saying "go for it"????

OP... please don't do it... cancel the order and just do the lifestyle change
  • DSTMT
    Options
    And directly from their website: http://www.plexusworldwide.com/products/plexus-slim-accelerator

"Not intended for children under the age of 18"

Which doctor is it that told you it was safe to give this to your 11 year old grandchild? Can I have his/her name and address please?
  • DSTMT
    Options

Ok so what your saying is that any product that has ever had a bad review is not worth trying?????

That pretty much eliminates every single thing on the planet....OY VEY!

No, lol I'm saying that just because someone comes on the internet and gives something a wonderful review doesn't mean it's real, or true, or accurate. Look I can do it too:

"I started eating a dodo bird for dinner every night, and in a week my arthritis disappeared! Everyone eat dodo birds for dinner!"

There, I wrote it on the internet so it must be true :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Keasteregg
    Keasteregg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    IMO, pills, powders, juices, detoxes etc etc etc, are all a waste of money. They teach you nothing about learning a sustainable lifetime change of the way you eat and how you view food. In the past, I tried so many of these types of things and not one ever worked. You need to learn to eat in a healthy way, that you can do for the rest of your life.

Totally agree.