Becoming Vegetarian

Options
13»

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Step 11. Move thread to Food and Nutrition.

Unless vegetarianism is some exciting new kind of workout.

Thank you. :drinker:
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Step 1: tell everyone you come in contact with that you are a vegetarian

Why are people so threatened by people different than them?

Step 13: Lose your sense of humor

You, sir, are cracking me up today!:laugh:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Step 1: tell everyone you come in contact with that you are a vegetarian

Why are people so threatened by people different than them?

Step 13: Lose your sense of humor

Step 14 deal with idiots everyday that think it's okay to make fun of people morals
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Step 14 deal with idiots everyday that think it's okay to make fun of people morals
    Steps 15-17 lather, rinse repeat
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for many health reasons!

Vegetarianism is a way of life that will make your body more alkaline, less disease and illness. But do it with intelligence. Don't just become a carbanarian which was my mistake. Take over your own organic produce shopping and meal preparation. My mother thought I was crazy but finally got it. I modeled a new way of life for her and now my family has gone vegetarian without my forcing it on them. We all feel better. Note you will have to take a sublingual B12 supplement tablet for maintaining energy and it is only found in animal protein.

There is lots of information on the internet. Educate yourself. And simply with a smile refuse to eat the animal protein prepared for you. I never tell anyone I'm a raw vegan. I just live the life and kindly refuse what's not part of my diet. I usually always find veggies and fruit to eat, and if it's not there, I say I've already eaten and eat my salad later. Hope you love fresh dark leafy green salads and nuts and seeds because these should become a staple in your vegetarian diet.

Good luck.

Your admiring Liv ox :flowerforyou:

???
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Vegetarianism is a way of life that will make your body more alkaline, less disease and illness.

Seriously if I read this bull on here one more time I am going to have a tantrum. Your body has a very carefully monitored system of keeping neutral. Vegetarianisim or in fact any diet is not going to change that.

I am currently monitoring the arterial blood gas of a patient who had a cardiac arrest this morning and seeing this system in action as it struggles to get back to neutral. No amount of raw kale is going to make any difference

Where does this bs even come from?
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    or any websites that have vegetarian recepies?
    (DISCLAIMER:I know eating chicken and fish is not considered vegetarian. Its just for now till i transfer to it nice and slow XD)

http://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/recipes (although he does have meat dishes they are mainly vegetarian and taste amazing...)

or buy his book, "Plenty".
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I have never in my 61 years of life understood why so many people differentiate between eating beef or pork or poultry or fish. It is all meat, what is the difference? No difference! Neither will I ever understand why I have seen so many people on MFP saying they want to make a gradual "transition" to vegetarianism or veganism. It isn't like they're going to develop withdrawal symptoms if they make a clean break from consuming meat products, or in the case of veganism all animal products. I don't get it; it doesn't make any sense to me, as a vegan.

Maybe because giving up a rather large food group is not that easy, especially when trying to diet and/or maintain macros. Sometimes, doing it in stages is easier for some people.

I gave up meat and fish all at one time and it was pretty easy - but I was not tracking my food either at the time.
  • orlandogirl97
    orlandogirl97 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have been a vegetarian since I was 17. DO NOT up your refined carb intake to replace meat or you will gain weight! I made this mistake. Eat well balanced meals. Do research. There is very good information on the web. Google did not exist when I stopped eating meat. I did not have as much easily obtained information as you do now, please make the most of it!

And PLEASE don't become a "Militant Vegetarian"! They are annoying.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Vegetarianism is a way of life that will make your body more alkaline, less disease and illness.

Seriously if I read this bull on here one more time I am going to have a tantrum. Your body has a very carefully monitored system of keeping neutral. Vegetarianisim or in fact any diet is not going to change that.

I am currently monitoring the arterial blood gas of a patient who had a cardiac arrest this morning and seeing this system in action as it struggles to get back to neutral. No amount of raw kale is going to make any difference

Which bs are you referring to? The original quote referring to alkalising diets or my badly worded rant about why the concept of alkalising diets are nonsense? I admit I didn't express it very well.
  • bunnylion
    bunnylion Posts: 265 Member
    Options

I'm a pudding vegetarian (and so are quite a few other people I know): We can live of pizza, spaghetti, ice cream, chips and chocolates for days and days. No problem :-)

Going vegan/vegetarian does not necessarily equal a healthy life style. Nor does it mean becoming/staying thin. I wish...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    (DISCLAIMER:I know eating chicken and fish is not considered vegetarian. Its just for now till i transfer to it nice and slow XD)

http://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/recipes (although he does have meat dishes they are mainly vegetarian and taste amazing...)

Bookmarked this as the recipes look really good.

Now, all I need is a cook (as I am terrible).
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Which bs are you referring to? The original quote referring to alkalising diets or my badly worded rant about why the concept of alkalising diets are nonsense? I admit I didn't express it very well.

Sorry - I was not clear - the original. You were clear (and did not post bs) - I was not clear. I was wondering where the alkalising diet thing came from.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Okay so I want to become Vegetarian :3

Every time i eat red meat i feel like im about to puke or get disgusted and sick while eating it which causes me to stop

the problem is that I come from a My mom always cooks food that has red meat on it. Sometimes she would cook just veggie pasta but thats sometime when i ask for it. And everytime i try i always loose track and eat some.
    So far what im trying to do is to just eat either chicken and fish but like i said its hard

Do you guys have any tips on how it can transfer to being vegetarian ? or any websites that have vegetarian recepies?

I am truly curious about why a change to vegetarianism rather than just cutting out red meat? If or is the general idea of animals for food that makes you sick then fair enough and I can respect that. I just can't see the logic of such a drastic change if white meat isn't a problem.
  • Serenitynow29
    Serenitynow29 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Bookmarked this as the recipes look really good.

Now, all I need is a cook (as I am terrible).

Extraordinary!