Can't stop losing weight:-(

Options
13»

Replies

• Ketsiat
    Ketsiat Posts: 5
    Options
    Do you trust yourself to get to a higher calorie regiment and maintain moderation? In other words, are those 2000 calorie binges or 2000 calories of consciously selecting foods you give yourself permission to indulge in over the weekend? If it is the latter, i wouldn't sweat things too much. You're in control. Go up in daily caloric intake. If they are binges, there might be some justification for your anxiety and you should seek some assistance before it does real harm.

Slipping back into the patterns that made it necessary to lose weight in the first place is scary for everyone. The control over the scale is as intoxicating as the loss of control over cheesecake. The underlying inclination to be extreme is still there; it's just serving a different purpose. Just be mindful that it doesn't have to be one or the other. Moderation sounds like a simple solution but for some people, it's the hardest thing to master. If you are one of those people, get extreme or obsessed about moderation. :)
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for concern. I have thought about seeing a dr but really what are they going to do? Tell me what I already know. I know which foods are better for me. I know portion sizes. I know not to indulge if I really set in my mind I will not eat out of excess.
    I survived a violent experience resulting in PTSD. People said "see a therapist" but I told myself the same thing you are saying "Why? I already know what the problem is. I know what is good for me better than anyone else." But I was so wrong. Just talking it out helps. Hearing other experiences helps. Being guided helps. It was amazing how beneficial it was.

It wouldn't hurt you to try it. And if you didn't need help, why are you asking for it here?

Best wishes!
  • Grouse1965
    Options
    Hi anyone have advice out there I am sticking to my calories using all my extra exercise ones I had my first my fitness pal weigh in and my weight had increased I am so upset wanted to teach scales how to fly I had been on weight watchers for five weeks leading up to finding this site same story only misery and weight gain anyone any help so unhappy I put the work in and don't get the results I was so looking forward to my weigh in today till I saw the numbers staring back at me congrats to all who are losing I also checked my inches no go their either! X
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    probably been said but I wish I had your problem.

My advice is to add in 200 - 300 extra calories a week until you find an amount that is good for you. It can be scary but don't let it harm your health. Too skinny is as bad as too fat.
  • Srendon1111
    Srendon1111 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Because I'm so short and small Mfp gives me my calorie goal of 1390, but I upped it to 1500. These past three days I've been eating up to goal and I feel good. I know many of you say go see a dr and I had thought about it, but I'm thankful my family has been behind me pushing me. So I am adding more calories for them. And I see my own body and I love I was strong enough to lose weight, so I know I can control if I gain muscle or fat. Like I said my goal is to gain muscle so I can't wait to add new lifting exercises. And if I still see the scale drop again then I'll have to eat more. I do love food. It is the fuel for our body. Thank you everyone