Running Buddies

Options
Is there anyone else who runs 3 or more miles a day?

I took the challenge upon myself to run/jog at least 3 miles per day to up my cardio and fat loss. I would actually love to start training for a 10k and keep going from there.

So, I am looking for some motivation friends to keep me on track as I will do the same for you. I also use Runkeeper so feel free to add me on there. Just search Ryan DeCheney.

Replies

• Ryan_Case
    Ryan_Case Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I get at least that many in on the elliptical averaged over a week, but my knees just don't care for the real running anymore. Maybe when I get to goal weight I'll try again.
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am a happy runner but seem to just do 5-Ks.
  • Ryandecheney314
    Ryandecheney314 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    @ Ryan: I hear ya on the knee issue. My knees and ankles are not in the best condition. When you do start running again, or maybe even just in general, get running shoes that have the memory foam inserts. They are AMAZING!!!
  • Ryandecheney314
    Options
    @Lisa: Do you run daily?
  • ReneeDawalga5100
    ReneeDawalga5100 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have one week left to the C210K. Really excited.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    As i am in training mode for my next half..I am currently running 4 days a week at a minimum of 3 miles. Right now averaging about 20 miles a week but will be peaking at around 35 couple weeks before the race.

Nice to meet you.
  • Ryandecheney314
    Options
    @Renee: How long is that C210k program? I am currently doing the 10K program through Runkeeper, and I think its like 61 days.

@Handy: I am assuming you are talking about a half marathon? That would be brutal / fun. I hope to do one some day.
  • catbarber
    catbarber Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes I run 5km mon -fri .. Some mornings I hate getting up , but I do .. After wards I feel fab..
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I try to run every other day.In November I have been running for two years,NO PAIN!!!No races till FALL too hot here in Florida!
  • alathIN
    alathIN Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I find that running every day puts too much injury load on my body.
    I will sometimes run two days in a row but never three days in a row.
    I try to rotate between swimming, cycling, and running so I am not constantly beating up the same tissues - try to distribute the damage.