Triatlon or Marathons

Options
Are there some others who also trains to triathlon or marathons?
I'm new when it comes to triathlon/marathons and would like to get in touch with others who are also training for triathlons or marathons etc. Nice to get some exercise and eating tips from you that have more experience than me.

Helen

Replies

• alathIN
    alathIN Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yes, both.

The things that have helped me most:
    1) being in a group with coaching - there is social power in the group that is helpful and motivating, plus it is good to have a coach who can help you improve technique
    2) build in recovery time: when you're training, you are deliberately stressing your body. Recovery time is when your body actually heals and comes back stronger. In our group we have a cycle of medium week, big week, recovery week. During recovery week, we decrease our volume by 20-30% and don't do anything super intense. This is good for psychological recovery as well as physical - by the end of recovery week, you're really looking forward to bigger workouts again.
    3) don't be hammering all the time - do 80% or more of your training at an easy aerobic pace. Build by volume, not by intensity.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I am currently training for a sprint triathlon August 10th. Feel free to add me as a friend.
    I am using a 6 week training plan from Glen Gore, a professional coach who posts on triathlete websites.
    Because I am working out so much (6 days a week) I am still losing weight. I eat back almost all of my calories but when you burn 1000 in one day it is not easy to eat all that :)
    Definitely take a rest time seriously.
    Add me if you'd like.
  • helenslife77
    helenslife77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am using a 6 week training plan from Glen Gore, a professional coach who posts on triathlete websites.

Thanx I'II google Glen Gore
    Because I am working out so much (6 days a week) I am still losing weight. I eat back almost all of my calories but when you burn 1000 in one day it is not easy to eat all that :)

I see that I eat to little then, because I'm not eating back all the calories that i burn. Maybe an idea to eat more when .)
  • helenslife77
    helenslife77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

The things that have helped me most:
    1) being in a group with coaching - there is social power in the group that is helpful and motivating, plus it is good to have a coach who can help you improve technique
    2) build in recovery time: when you're training, you are deliberately stressing your body. Recovery time is when your body actually heals and comes back stronger. In our group we have a cycle of medium week, big week, recovery week. During recovery week, we decrease our volume by 20-30% and don't do anything super intense. This is good for psychological recovery as well as physical - by the end of recovery week, you're really looking forward to bigger workouts again.
    3) don't be hammering all the time - do 80% or more of your training at an easy aerobic pace. Build by volume, not by intensity.

Thanks for the great tips