Chafing

Options
Inner thigh chafing from running!

Ive read on how to prevent it... but its stopping me from going my run today cause I chafed pretty bad yesterday.

Any tips or advice on how to get rid of it or help heal it?

Replies

• maggie4721
    maggie4721 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been using a chafing stick that I bought from Walgreens called Gold Bond Friction Defense. It was about $5.00 or so. It's great and it help soothe and repair, as well as protect against chafing. I use it for every day life, too - running, walking in skirts for that pesky inner thigh problem. It's great. There's no odor and it isn't greasy. It feels almost like a lotion, but it isn't goopy. Sometimes, on really humid days, it will sweat off after a few hours.

It looks like a deodorant stick. Here's a link to Drugstore.com: http://www.drugstore.com/gold-bond-chafing-defense-anti-friction-formula-unscented/qxp391906

Good luck!
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I just want to say thank you for spelling chafing correctly :D
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I've been using a chafing stick that I bought from Walgreens called Gold Bond Friction Defense. It was about $5.00 or so. It's great and it help soothe and repair, as well as protect against chafing. I use it for every day life, too - running, walking in skirts for that pesky inner thigh problem. It's great. There's no odor and it isn't greasy. It feels almost like a lotion, but it isn't goopy. Sometimes, on really humid days, it will sweat off after a few hours.

It looks like a deodorant stick. Here's a link to Drugstore.com: http://www.drugstore.com/gold-bond-chafing-defense-anti-friction-formula-unscented/qxp391906

Good luck!

I love Gold Bond Friction Defense. And yes, it helps repair as well as prevent chaffing. The last time it happened to me, I picked some up and applied it in the morning and before bed and I recovered much more quickly (or seemed to at least).
  • stewartcarden
    Options
    I'll have to look into it!

I was tempted to just rub some lube on it and try to run anyway, dont wanna irritate it more though!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Yea gold bond is a good product or body glide...

if the damage has been done you could try some aquafor or other diaper rash ointment...that will relieve the discomfort and clear it fairly quick..AFTER the run.
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Saw you are based in the UK so go to Boots or Superdrug and get Lanacane Anti-Chafing Gel :) Magic stuff
  • TMattP
    TMattP Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Saw you are based in the UK so go to Boots or Superdrug and get Lanacane Anti-Chafing Gel :) Magic stuff

Does it work on Nipples?

Mine are red raw...

The less said the better.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Desitin (generic equivalent) works for me.
  • jason_adams
    jason_adams Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I use Glide (from the local Running specialty store). Works on nipples, thighs, and anything else needing to be not-chaffed.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts under your running shorts work great.

If you get chafed, a number of items state above and probably below will help as well.

or simply baby powder
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I have used Body Glide, Vaseline and baby powder, none have worked for me for longer runs. They work in other places (like my bra line, I am very prone to chafing) but don't seem to last long enough.
    My only real solution has been Capri tights. I can do certain shorts for shorter runs but for anything long it's gotta be capris. I haven't found the right pair of compression shorts that are comfortable and don't ride up. I'm sure they are out there.
  • nlcs_nickyv32
    Options
    I use compression shorts.
  • Josh_2099
    Josh_2099 Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I used the body glide stick, but it does not last for my long runs on my nipples...ouch. However, it works great on my legs. I have heard Vaseline also works. Some preventative things I also do is soak in the tub or use the shower to get me really clean. I shower everyday in the summer just because it's so hot. I also swim on the weekend and being in the water helps. For guys, one of my best runs was wearing a sports bra. Laugh, but it helped. The lady at the counter looked at me weird, but still tried to help me find a fitting.