Horror: the gorier, the better

Options
ANNAvsANNA
ANNAvsANNA Posts: 58 Member
Anyone out there enjoy twisted, disgusting horror films and books like me? If so, what book or film has left you thinking "What the *kitten*??!!?!" What're some of your favorites? How about your least favorite?

I'm heavily into the zombie sub-genre, so I'd have to say my favorite zombie film would be the original Day of the Dead. This was the first Z film I ever saw and it gave me nightmares as a kid, but I watched it over and over. (<3 Bub!) Also...V/H/S/ (1 and 2)....creepy!!!!!

My favorite horror book is a collection of short stories by Bentley Little aptly called The Collection. That guy's totally depraved and I loved it!

The worst horror film I've see would have to be this indie film called Trapped in a Room (or something like that.) I had no clue what was happening other than some people were kidnapped and forced to drink their own urine by their own mother. Exactly...what the?

Anyway.....I'm eager to know what you like!

xoxo, ZombieGeekin

Replies

• tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    A terrific collection of short stories is Clive Barker Books of Blood I-III, which includes the original Hellraiser (based upon the Hellbound Heart short story). Hellraiser was awesome until it got cheesed out like Freddie Krueger and Jason did. Hollywood typically ruins everything good.
    Barker's The Damnation Game is a great story. So is Imajica.

For zombie stuff, World War Z is a great book. The movie is based on just a portion of the book, which is written after the fact as a kind of government report. Read the book!

Fast moving zombies are scary as hell! 28 Days Later was the first of the fast-moving zombie movies and kind of sets the pace for the newest generation of zombies.

Zombieland is a great comedy!
  • ANNAvsANNA
    ANNAvsANNA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    A terrific collection of short stories is Clive Barker Books of Blood I-III, which includes the original Hellraiser (based upon the Hellbound Heart short story). Hellraiser was awesome until it got cheesed out like Freddie Krueger and Jason did. Hollywood typically ruins everything good.
    Barker's The Damnation Game is a great story. So is Imajica.

For zombie stuff, World War Z is a great book. The movie is based on just a portion of the book, which is written after the fact as a kind of government report. Read the book!

Fast moving zombies are scary as hell! 28 Days Later was the first of the fast-moving zombie movies and kind of sets the pace for the newest generation of zombies.

Zombieland is a great comedy!

Yes!! 28 Days Later is great....something about UK horror films is so awesome to me.
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I like reading Ed Lee for gross out horror. Human Centipede 2 was the last really sick film I saw, followed closely by A Serbian Film.
    Gore wise I think the goriest movie I've seen is Brain Dead by Peter Jackson.