365 days, 8,760 hours CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE (with pics)

Options
qtgonewild
qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
July 22nd 2013 I woke up and decided I was going to lose 100 -125 pounds. I wasn’t really sure what my goal weight would be. I knew that I suddenly had this feeling of self love and will power that I had never felt before. I was just so sure I would lose this weight. At the time, I was so sure I had wished I could just fast forward a year and be “there” already. Im not “there” yet but Im 77 pounds closer than I was. And I’m glad I wasn’t able to fast forward because I have learned so much in this year. I now know how to maintain and live a healthy life. I haven’t dieted one day, I just eat within my goals. Starting at a weight of 278 pounds, for the first 3 months, walking was my only exercise. Along with counting my calories. On November 1st, I finally had enough “guts” to join a gym. As scared and embarrassed as I was. It has been wonderful, nothing to be embarrassed about. Today I weigh 201. I have yet to dip under 200. The last 4 months, the weight has come off so slow as I apparently have become a little less strict on myself. However, Im not giving up and I will reach my goal. To anyone just starting out I just want to say Believe in yourself. Love yourself. The rest is easy. And to all of my new Fitness Friends on here, I promise, I couldn’t have done it without you…Ok well maybe I could have but it would have been one boring *kitten* ride. I love every one of you! Seriously!

27b99335-4521-4095-be39-4d0ed61f6f97.jpg
before.jpg
10059416-a7f7-4fc8-9fe4-dfec691cc191.jpg
7ac9f74b-d10a-405e-9c3c-730b810d55ad.jpg
15136dee-62df-4ad0-a91f-239311f634b5.jpg
5fa4de50-292d-49a7-9858-b7c3c5ffabc2.jpg
e8d080d6-7471-48d5-88ef-cd5d4d687d31.jpg

From 278 to 201, I'd say its been a great year. The thing i always remembered is the year is going to pass you by whether or not you are working on yourself, so why not? What do you have to lose? I have changed my lifestyle, I still eat everything I want and sometimes too much of it. But most of the time I eat healthy and I love my new life and the foods I now eat. Feels great! Thank you all for looking.

Amy

Replies

• oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Just amazing. You're such an inspiration and you look fantastic!
  • Jking826
    Jking826 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Great story! and you look AMAZING...You motivated me :)
  • deverdad
    deverdad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    U GO GIRL!!!! Truly inspiring and totally awesome!
  • Lyndonbearsmommy
    Lyndonbearsmommy Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Well done you look great and im sure you feel it to. Your so close to the under 200 mark and then before long you will be a healthy bmi. X
  • kchastain450
    kchastain450 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to stick to it! What a great attitude!
  • tweedledee16
    tweedledee16 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    LOOKING FANTASTIC! Congrats on your success! :)
  • marykate723
    marykate723 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! This is so motivating. We started around the same time, but I had some backsliding for a few months. It's great to see how much progress you've made in just one year.
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress! Your photos are terrific and you look great! Keep up the good work in the next 365 days!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Thats what Im talking about!!
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Love watching your progress. WTG Amy :flowerforyou:
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    WOW that makes a huge difference .. I thought you were gonna say you lost the entire 100 ... You look great !
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look so much younger and happier !
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment!
  • chmtastic
    chmtastic Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!!!!!!!! you look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    way to freaking go! That is awesome, you are awesome!!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is so inspirational. WTG
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • ANNAvsANNA
    ANNAvsANNA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! You look great...fantastic work
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Amazing and you look great. I would still like to fast forward however...lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!