just ate this... soooo full! only 370cals... feels like 1000

Options
okay...

so, ive come on here, started calorie counting and have quickly figured veggies are not very many calories so if im hungry (which i am 99% of the time, then i have to cook for myself more. I have just made a really easy 370 calorie meal that actually filled me up (im shocked!!!). Only thing is that it took 45mins-1hr in oven so its great so long as you can wait a little (yes... i did have some strawberries while waiting!!)

use crockery pot (same type you'd use for lasagne).
line bottom with half courgette sliced.
sprinkle 1/4 chopped leek on.
sprinkle 1/3 med-large red bell pepper on.
sprinkle small spring onion chopped on.
line top with sliced mushrooms.
pour in 150ml elmlea single cream substitute and 150ml water.

bake 30-40mins.

sprinkle on 30g mature cheddar

bake 5-15 mins (dependant on preference of cheese)

enjoy the whooollle thing!!!!

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it... but I'm scratching my head at what all of that is lmao
  • mizyvee
    mizyvee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it... but I'm scratching my head at what all of that is lmao

I don't recognize the ingredients either, lol. Other than the middle ones.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options

Smile and nod - I think she's English :D
  • nataliesaunders2470
    Options
    Isn't it great when you realise how much veg you can have? I'm the same! Since I gave up smoking, I've developed a real taste for Boost chocolate bars (305) calories, but I've swapped them for veg and my tea tonight consisted of

2 Chicken, Bacon & Sweetcorn Crispy Pancakes
    Sainsbury's - Special Mixed Vegetables, 350 g (this is loads when it's poured on the plate too!)
    Bisto - Cheese Sauce, 50 ml

428 calories in total, and I'm done for the evening!!
  • nataliesaunders2470
    Options

Smile and nod - I think she's English :D

Hahaha!! I recognised every ingredient, and I'm British...quite a nice change actually, cos I never recognise half of the US foods listed on here! :laugh:
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Courgette is zucchini here in the States. Elmlea is a brand name. Single cream is kind of like whipping cream (as opposed to double cream that is more like heavy cream). Cheese is cheese. Sounds delicious!
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    courgette is a British or Australian name for zucchini, and elmlea single cream substitute, is like a lite whipping cream, I think.
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    okay...

so, ive come on here, started calorie counting and have quickly figured veggies are not very many calories so if im hungry (which i am 99% of the time, then i have to cook for myself more. I have just made a really easy 370 calorie meal that actually filled me up (im shocked!!!). Only thing is that it took 45mins-1hr in oven so its great so long as you can wait a little (yes... i did have some strawberries while waiting!!)

use crockery pot (same type you'd use for lasagne).
    line bottom with half courgette sliced.
    sprinkle 1/4 chopped leek on.
    sprinkle 1/3 med-large red bell pepper on.
    sprinkle small spring onion chopped on.
    line top with sliced mushrooms.
    pour in 150ml elmlea single cream substitute and 150ml water.

bake 30-40mins.

sprinkle on 30g mature cheddar

bake 5-15 mins (dependant on preference of cheese)

enjoy the whooollle thing!!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yuuuuuuuuuum, I love all the veggies in this, especially courgette. I'll have to try this,
    Thanks so much
    x
  • Rivka74
    Rivka74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I want to try this too!! Sounds great!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    courgette is a British or Australian name for zucchini, and elmlea single cream substitute, is like a lite whipping cream, I think.

Thanks for the translation, lol! Whipping cream on this sounds gross, I thought maybe it could be sour cream but I googled it, its half and half.
  • charlichickxx
    Options
    Yep... I am english... completely forgot that america doesnt have pouring cream.... its discraceful if you ask me... i love the stuff!!!!!! I guess you could try some other substance that might do it... maybe a thicker cocnut milk of a thinner yogurt or something... i dont know!! :P
  • FavDaughter1
    Options
    It sounds like a veggie gratin! I bet it would be good with half-and-half.
  • baxter123
    Options
    I agree what are you eating???:huh:
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options

2 Chicken, Bacon & Sweetcorn Crispy Pancakes

what is this? It sounds DELICIOUS!!!
  • Lindahyten
    Options
    I'd like to know about the " 2 chicken, bacon & sweetcorn Crispy Pancakes" too! Please share, it sounds great.
  • MizBee
    MizBee Posts: 37
    Options
    Thank you so much. It sounds so delish, I am def going to try it :))