Words of motivation for those in need of some :D

Options
Like so many here, my struggle with weight is a lifelong one. I tend to go through phases where I'm uber fit (never have been thin, haven't seen my 'appropriate' weight since high school, but FIT does not equal THIN), and then I'm uber lazy. I've been off the wagon about 6 months now, and today I finally took control of the problem, joined MFP, wrote down some weight loss goals, some workout routine goals, etc, and put that plan into action.

While I was up on my treadmill (after I dusted off the pollen from LAST fall, how sad), I turned on my iPod that was still cradled in the jack on the console of the treadmill and fired up my old playlist. The one that was so familiar to me last time I was fit. The feeling of raw POWER and ABILITY overcame me when my power songs came through the rotation of music and I was just amazed that something so simple as a song could get me so enthusiastic. I've heard these same songs a zillion times over the last 6 months, but always in my car, never in my workout clothes, never on the treadmill.

Just being in my old familiar location with those old workout songs cycling through....it was empowering. If you're like me, phasing in and out of being in shape, having a hard time getting off the couch and on the treadmill or whatever your choice of workout routine may be, go dig out some of your old workout music, suite up, and see what happens. You might be surprised! :D For me, I was instantly transformed from dreading the 30 minutes on the mill of doom, to kicking some butt on that thing, almost like I never stopped in the first place. Yay!

Replies

• dmolina12
    dmolina12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am inspired!! I do love (& miss) my treadmill play lists. Thanks for posting!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. :) I recently started the three week cardio kickstart program on EA Sports Active 2, and I find myself looking forward to my work out days. On the days that I DON'T work out, I normally spend at least 30 minutes on the treadmill or spend some quality time doing yoga. Exercise is so empowering and I'm getting back to the point where I love it again!
  • philreeduk
    philreeduk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ha sounds awesome man! Similiar thing happened to me last time i went into the gym, D'you know what i mean by oasis was always my warm up song and as i started my workout it popped up on shuffle!! Shame i haven't been back for over a year!! :S

By the way mintberry Cruch RULES!!! :)
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I cannot workout on an elliptical or spin bike without my music. I am totally a music person and playing songs with a good beat and high BPMs really get me going.
  • Mint_Berry_Crunch
    Options
    By the way mintberry Cruch RULES!!! :)

Shablagoo! LMAO!
  • dmolina12
    dmolina12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What are some of your favorite songs to work out too??? I thought I'd ask to try and beef up my work out play list. Some of my favorites are: All Fired Up by Pata Benatar, Stronger by Britney Spears, Headstrong by Trapt, Lose Yourself by Eminem, Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park......just to name a few.