Fellow Low-Carb Dieters

Options
I'm looking to add MFP friends who've also dedicated themselves to a low carb lifestyle. I'm currently in week 2 of South Beach: Phase One.

I had to tough day yesterday with sugar cravings, so I need as much support as I can get from people going through the same thing.

Replies

• skjones0323
    skjones0323 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'm on a medically supervised weight loss program that is low carb. I need support too when my food cravings get bad. I have problems eating when I'm not hungry and really bad problems with emotional eating. I am on the verge of developing Type II Diabetes and trying to give my best try at losing this weight once and for all and practicing better food choices.
  • dperri471
    dperri471 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on a medically supervised diet myself right now but plan on going back to Keto as soon as I get off. Keto of course is lchf so you are more than welcome to friend me. I did lchf for a while with a lot of success until my family had a "fat"ervention and wanted me to do what I am currently doing. I am making them happy doing this program and I am waiting till I go back to the keto woe and then I will be happy.

Good luck in your weight loss journey.
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I follow LCHF diet
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to add MFP friends who've also dedicated themselves to a low carb lifestyle. I'm currently in week 2 of South Beach: Phase One.

I had to tough day yesterday with sugar cravings, so I need as much support as I can get from people going through the same thing.
    fwiw South beach isn't a low carb diet. That said, there's a SB group here, and some active low carb folks on the low carb board who would be supportive of your goals. good luck with phase 1, which does seem to help folks "recalibrate" a bit. And phase 2 is a pretty healthy way to eat.
  • Sarahsteve7kids
    Sarahsteve7kids Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! I follow low carb and a 5:2 diet!!!
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Not, on the SBD now, but was. I really loved it, and following the daily menus definitely made my cravings subside. Since I have high BP, cholesterol and high glucose numbers and needed to lose some weight, it was perfect. Am looking forward to trying it again since it is very healthy, IMO. Good luck!!!
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I follow Adkins pretty close.
    I am not supervisored by a dr, but I choose low carbs because I feel better not eating them.
    And can honestly say that I don't miss them either.
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been on low carb, high protein/high fat food plan that I got from my nutritional doctor, since July 2013. I'm insulin resistant and this has been wonderful for me. I feel better than I've felt in years. And it has definitely been successful.

Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been on low carb, high protein/high fat food plan that I got from my nutritional doctor, since July 2013. I'm insulin resistant and this has been wonderful for me. I feel better than I've felt in years. And it has definitely been successful.

Feel free to add me if you'd like.
    WELL DONE!
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    I follow a generic Ketogenic diet and have drawn ideas from South Beach, Paleo, and Adkins. I just don't follow any specific form of LCHF diet. I like to research the science behind LCHF diets and adjust what I do based on that (not religiously; but generally). There is a fairly strong LCHF community here at MFP. I highly suggest joining some groups that specialize in that way of eating. You'll get alot of support from them. Any LCHF dieter is more than welcome to add me as a friend - I can always use more LCHF friends to encourage and share ideas with.

Edited to add this note: I don't subscribe to the notion of avoiding saturated fats as the South Beach Diet advises. So if you look at what I eat it will not fit with a South Beach approach well at all. Not all of what I eat is loaded with saturated fats; but some of it definitely is. I'm not at all criticizing the South Beach Diet or advising that you not follow it. People can do very well with it. What I am saying is that you need to be careful when looking at the way I eat for ideas for the South Beach Diet. That will probably apply to other non-South Beach LCHF dieters.
  • ds1007
    ds1007 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You can add me - I follow a Keto diet (essentially Atkins phase 1) and I am trying to stick to it as much as possible, but I do still give in (I love pizza!) so it'd be great to see even more diaries on here that focus on low carb like me.