What do you get at chipotle?

Options
2»

Replies

• vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is my poor college student approach to Chipotle, which makes it go a long way:

I get a burrito bowl - usually barbacoa, white rice, pinto beans, medium salsa and corn salsa, and cheese. Sour cream on the side
    I bring it home, cut up some lettuce, and make tacos out of corn tortillas.
    That burrito bowl ends up lasting me about three meals.

It actually ends up being relatively healthy, because the corn tortillas are low in calories and very filling, so you eat less of the Chipotle stuff at once. But I'll admit that I don't have health in mind when I bring home Chipotle, it's generally because I'm broke and don't have the time or energy or cook...
  • vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Because I've never eaten at Chipotle. :-\

I live under a rock and I'm happy here.

You're not missing a whole lot...

It's decent for what amounts to basically fast food...but I live in New Mexico and we have an abundance of local eateries that are far better than anything you could possibly get at Chipotle. Chipotle is an easy stop for us after swim lessons with the boys though or kung fu or whatever we have them in at the moment...quick and easy.

I'm not from New Mexico, but I went through there once and had the best Mexican food that I've ever had, no contest. It's a beautiful thing.
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I usually get a carnitas burrito with rice, black beans, mild salsa... But I tried the chicken tacos once because it's lower calories. Definitely not as satisfying. :(
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I heard their food is not as good as it used to be... Unless you are white then you probably wont notice...
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Nothing. They are anti agriculture and anti American.

This. I thought it sweet and delicious irony when a SF Chipotles was picketed by animal rights extremists, because that's who they've sided with to throw farmers under the bus.
  • missymc16
    missymc16 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I typical just eat half or a third, so I get 2 or 3 small meals. I find that if I eat slower and have a glass of water, that I am good with the smaller portion and still get my craving taken care of
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I heard their food is not as good as it used to be... Unless you are white then you probably wont notice...

Totally white here. Thinks the food is crap.
  • fryebootgirl
    fryebootgirl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan. I like QDoba a little better, and I can do without it as well. I like my homemade burrito bowls better..and I can weigh and calculate the calories for my own much better.
  • drewba13
    drewba13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I realized that a huge amount of calories was in the tortilla, so I've been getting burrito bowls for awhile now. Most days I tell myself I'm going to save myself the calories and not get sour cream, but I'm almost always lying to myself...

tbbmXWn.jpg

There is sort of an obscene amount of Sodium (WTF, Tomato Salsa?!), so I may substitute the mild salsa for the hot.
  • Evilsha
    Evilsha Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A veggie bowl with the fixings is fine for me.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I just had lunch there!

I had tacos.

Soft corn tortillas
    Chicken
    Red tomatillo salsa
    Lettuce
    Cheese

Three tacos, 520 calories, 42g of protein. Sounds good to me!
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Chicken burrito bowl with:
    brown cilantro rice
    black beans
    2 scoops mild salsa
    corn salsa
    cheese
    sour cream

Approx 815 calories if I eat the entire bowl.
    Sometimes I split it in half.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian Burrito Bowl:

Brown rice
    Black Beans
    Fajita Vegetables
    corn salsa
    tomato salsa
    romaine

No Cheese - No Sour Cream & No Guacamole

At home I usually add 0% Fage yogurt to replace the sour cream!

and okay sometimes I steal a bit of guacamole IF i had a good workout that day!