Visalus

Options
Hey everyone,
I recently found out about the Vi challenge through a friend. She is a promoter for Visalus. I am interested in getting feedback on the product. Has anyone tried this? If so is it really effective? See she used it to gain muscle but I obviously want it for weight loss.

I am looking to lose anywhere from 15-20 pounds. I was looking at their kits online and the two kids my friend suggested were the transformation kit or the shape kit. For someone who is looking to lose 15-20 pounds which kit would you recommend? I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

Replies

• mrbyte
    mrbyte Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The MLM structure should tell you that you will be overpaying for the product.

Plus, I think you can acheive the results you want eating clean wholesome foods rather than supplements from a company.

Just my 2 cents. The only supplement I take is protein when I cannot make my macro requirements through real food.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I recommend you save your money and do neither.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Tell your friend to quit abusing your friendship in order to make money.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Tell your friend to quit abusing your friendship in order to make money.

^^^^100% agree with this^^^^
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I recently found out about the Vi challenge through a friend. She is a promoter for Visalus. I am interested in getting feedback on the product. Has anyone tried this? If so is it really effective? See she used it to gain muscle but I obviously want it for weight loss.

I am looking to lose anywhere from 15-20 pounds. I was looking at their kits online and the two kids my friend suggested were the transformation kit or the shape kit. For someone who is looking to lose 15-20 pounds which kit would you recommend? I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

I'm sorry, that part made me giggle.

How exactly did it help her gain muscle? :laugh:

I mean, I'm doing a bulk, a hypertrophy lifting program, getting 1g per pound of lean body mass in protein after losing weight to gain muscle but you know if these mystical shakes hold all the answers to muscle gain, I'm all ears
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm sorry, that part made me giggle.

How exactly did it help her gain muscle? :laugh:

I mean, I'm doing a bulk, a hypertrophy lifting program, getting 1g per pound of lean body mass in protein after losing weight to gain muscle but you know if these mystical shakes hold all the answers to muscle gain, I'm all ears

No wonder I can never find this or other stuff like Shakeology in retail establishments. It's always 100% sold out! Oh wait... it's not in stores... I forgot the point is to leverage relationships and make impulse decisions without any reasonable expectation of comparison because, hey, they're your friends/family and you trust them.
  • cgonzales325
    cgonzales325 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I guess I shouldn't order. Thanks for the feedback.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options

You shouldn't. If you insist on using a shake in place of real food (which is highly discouraged), you can make your own that is the same or better by using a whey protein shake mix and taking a multivitamin. If that's not good enough, because you also hate money, you can send me the difference (several hundred dollars a year).
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options

Why don't you stay a while and learn what other people are doing? There is a great, successful community on MFP. Read up on the Success stories forum. :smile: :happy:
  • cgonzales325
    cgonzales325 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Sparky1030
    Sparky1030 Posts: 163
    Options
    cgonzales325,

I have several friends and also a cousin who sell Visalus and one of them gave some packets to try; they were chocolate so I thought they would taste good. I mixed them according to directions took about two gulps and poured it down the sink. Maybe they work for others, but I believe many of the people selling them are only doing it to make money. I prefer to use something that is healthy for you, tastes good and isn't making someone else rich. Yes, it is a multi-marketing program where they want you to come to meetings, etc. Go with your gut; no pun intended and choose healthy foods. Good luck in your weight loss.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options