How much weight can I lose by September 2nd

Options
This is what I eat during the day
Breakfast: slim fast shake
Lunch: tilapia fish, side salad, fruit salad
Dinner: (depends) sometimes a bagel with cream cheese and jelly sometimes white rice and broccoli.

This is my daily exercise
Arc cybex: 2 hours
Walking: 6 miles for 2 hours
10 of each: burpees, crunches, leg lifts

I weigh 190 pounds now.

Am I doing too much or too little? Should I change my eating habits at all?

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you're probably doing too much, especially for that amount of food you're eating.

ETA: oh hey neighbor!! i'm in brooklyn too!!
  • MinimizingMichelle
    MinimizingMichelle Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    you're probably doing too much, especially for that amount of food you're eating.

I agree!
  • cookieinbk82
    cookieinbk82 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hello capt appollo,

I'm in Brighton beach. Where are you?
  • bufferthree
    bufferthree Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough calories will cause you to gain weight. You do a lot of exercise you should be eating more food.
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    And what is that, 500 calories a day?

I am surprised you have the energy to do 4 hours of workouts on that calorie intake

I know you are on your last 10 pounds but are you planning on eating like this for the rest of your life? If not, you need to increase your food intake, accept the weight gain that will follow and then lose weight healthily.

And I would be sure to have rest days built in to your week.
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Too few calories can't cause you to gain weight. It can however cause you to be miserable, give up, binge, go back to life as it was, etc. There is no reason to be miserable when you can lose weight and eat right. You need more food to be healthy.
  • MollySC2
    MollySC2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough calories will cause you to gain weight. You do a lot of exercise you should be eating more food.

Link me to 1 peer-reviewed study showing either of you are correct & I'll PayPal you $100.