What if I am not 'lightly active' ALL the time?

Options
On days I only go to the gym (off of work), I keep it at 1,200 calories. On days I work, I plan the day throughout 1,330 calories, as well as on days that I go to work AND attend the gym. Is this OK? Is there another way to work around this?

Replies

• madimurrell12
    Options
    2 things.

1) If you are going to gym you should be eating a lot more than 1200 calories.
    2)What you're suggesting is the TDEE method which factors in exercise AND lifestyle.
  • jillyrose0711
    jillyrose0711 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It's okay to eat more calories on days that you're more active- if you're using the MFP calculator for your calories then you can "eat back" what you burn through exercise to bring you back to your net goal. However, 1200-1330 calories is not nearly enough to sustain you for the long-term. Please consider recalculating your calories using something like this calculator http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ you'll be surprised at how high your recommended calories probably are but you need to eat enough to fuel your body!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    On days I only go to the gym (off of work), I keep it at 1,200 calories. On days I work, I plan the day throughout 1,330 calories, as well as on days that I go to work AND attend the gym. Is this OK? Is there another way to work around this?
    That is ok, or if it's easier to just pick a level and do that daily, that works, too. There's no need to go nuts trying to match your intake to each day's burn minus some static value. Though if you prefer to, there's also no reason not to.