Hello! First Timer Here!

srrosenbalm
srrosenbalm Posts: 35 Member
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Raquel, I'm 23 years old! I'm married and a mommy! About four years ago, I fell of the "healthy" bandwagon and started gaining weight drastically. Then, I got married and a year and a half later I was pregnant! I've gone up and down since then, and this past December I decided I needed to change. So now I'm here, on a mission! I want to lose 40 lbs!

The highest I've been (not pregnant): 195 lbs
After pregnancy: 185 lbs
Current: 170 lbs
Goal: 130 lbs

I was using the "Loseit!" application and site, but switched because this site and app seem to have a lot more to offer! I'm hoping to make new friends while I'm here as well! It's hard being the only person on a diet, and motivation is a great thing to have! So if I can be of any help to other out there, feel free to let me know!!

Here's to weight loss everyone!!
Good luck!!

Replies

• piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Welcome aboard Raquel! This has been a really helpful site for me. It really helps to see first hand how many calories you are actually eating. Everyone I've met on here have been really helpful and motivating. Good luck on your journey and I know you will do great!!
  • Hello Raquel!!! Welcome to MFP, think you'll love it here. I have found it very useful. There's so much support out there when you really need it the most.

Add me if you want an extra friend! :flowerforyou:
    Jen x
  • Welcome!! Best of luck :D Feel free to add me for support
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    welcome!
    You'll love this site and all the supportive people on here. Add me as a friend if you would like
  • gjspiller
    gjspiller Posts: 115 Member
    Hi! I'm a first timer, too. Just logged on today. Looking forward to meeting like-minded, motivating support people! This site seems promising because I wanted something that was mobile, as well.

My goal is to lose 80 lbs. and be able to go through fertility treatment in the hopes for a healthy baby!

Guen
  • trishywishywoo
    trishywishywoo Posts: 2 Member
    Hi this is my first time using a site like this, I have been working hard for the past 18 months to lose weight on my own and went from 107 kg to almost 80kg. I gained almost 4 kg back in the Hockey off season and over Christmas, so I thought I needed something else to keep me on track. I am not particuarly good at calorie counting:(
    Thanks for your welcomes and you have all done such great jobs. I look forward to joining you !
  • Hi,

I just joined as well. Like you I am at 170 and need to lose 40 pounds. Hopefully we will reach our goal. Nice to meet you!

Laura
This discussion has been closed.