sugar intake...

Options
i often find i'm almost over or just at my daily sugar intake, sometimes even go over in the reds and it's really annoying.. i barely eat processed sugary things (everyone likes to indulge, haha) and i find that most of my sugars come from vegetables & fruit. more so vegetables, i usually have veggies like corn, peas, sweet potato, carrots and i have blueberries and an apple/or banana each day. oh plus peanut butter. but i find that most my sugar, like i said, is from certain vegetables, and should i just ignore the little bit of red on some days if it's not processed sugary stuff? everything else is usually fine or even low, just my sugar is my enemy! thanks :-)

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Banana is the highest sugar fruit. If sugar worries you just eat less fruit.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1181259-so-what-s-with-this-sugar-then-revised-faq-jan-2014
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    yes i know, i love bananas and i know how sugary and carb-y they are so i try to only eat them 1-2 times a week at most...
  • MichaelRobinson1994
    MichaelRobinson1994 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about sugar intake from fruits and veg, it's not going to cause any problems, plus you need fruit and veg, and plenty of it!
    Keep your refined, processed sugar down, but don't sweat the natural stuff!

I have a banana or two most days! Along with apples and dates
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Is it affecting your goals?

If not, I wouldn't worry about it. I always go over my sugar, don't even log most of the time.
  • squishprincess
    Options
    hm okay, i figured it was nothing to sweat over. i don't think it's affecting anything? still stable with my goals. i think i just wanna panic when i see the numbers go negative and red, hahaha

thanks guys
  • bas3dg0d
    bas3dg0d Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Boost your gains by eating fruit within a couple hours after your workout.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about sugar intake from fruits and veg, it's not going to cause any problems, plus you need fruit and veg, and plenty of it!
    Keep your refined, processed sugar down, but don't sweat the natural stuff!

I have a banana or two most days! Along with apples and dates

This! Do not sweat it. I eat up to 8 bananas in a smoothie and carb up to my content. That is what your body thrives off of and is what will keep you satisfied :flowerforyou:
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I track fiber instead of sugar because I don't have a medical condition that requires me to monitor it and I love fruit...and ice cream...and cookies.

Honestly, if you're eating a balanced diet and staying within your calorie goals don't sweat it
  • squishprincess
    Options
    i might end up tracking something else in its place, because i'm well in my calorie range! i'll just ignore sugars for the most part i think. appreciate all your comments!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I track fiber instead of sugar because I don't have a medical condition that requires me to monitor it and I love fruit...and ice cream...and cookies.

Honestly, if you're eating a balanced diet and staying within your calorie goals don't sweat it

QFT