Weight loss timeframe

Options
bravesfan01
bravesfan01 Posts: 10 Member
I have started to diet 11 days ago.

Right now, I am 267, but my goal is 205.

With that being said, I have another 62 pounds to lose and my goal time is Feb 2015.

Let me know how much you lost and how long it took you.

Thanks!

Replies

• PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45lbs so far and it's been 111 days (roughly 2.8 pounds a week). I started at 328 and still have 113lbs to go, my goal is 170lbs.

Given my average calorie deficit each day, if i was able to maintain that weight loss (which I wont, and I will have to slow down the rate of loss along with the occasional plautus) I would potentially reach my goal weight on 4/11/2015.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    General recommendations for weekly weight loss goals should be based on a number of factors, the main one of which is how much weight you have to lose. The more weight that you have to lose the less severe the negative impact of being at a calorie deficit will have generally (see below for examples).

As a rule of thumb, the following weekly targets would give a balance between minimizing these negative side effects and seeing a reasonable weekly weight loss:

More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week

Obviously, the deficit that is right for you will depend on your personal circumstances and how well you deal with the deficit. For example, for someone who is morbidly obese, the health benefits of getting the weight off quickly will often outweigh the possible negative impact and, as such, a higher than 2 lb a week deficit may well be appropriate.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

I lost about 25lbs before starting mfp, another 25lbs after joining mfp (about a year all together) and have just come out of a controlled bulk.

Hope that helps. Here are some links for you...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read
  • bravesfan01
    Options
    2.8 LBS a week sounds nice.

At that rate, I will pass my goal by Feb.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    34Lbs since April. I feel like February is a good target date for you, but set smaller goals along the way, or you may get discouraged. Non scale victories are what keep me going.
  • bravesfan01
    Options
    34Lbs since April. I feel like February is a good target date for you, but set smaller goals along the way, or you may get discouraged. Non scale victories are what keep me going.

I know that it is more in the beginning too.

I have tried to lose weight many times and failed.

This time, I am sticking to it!
  • bravesfan01
    Options
    I've lost 45lbs so far and it's been 111 days (roughly 2.8 pounds a week). I started at 328 and still have 113lbs to go, my goal is 170lbs.

Given my average calorie deficit each day, if i was able to maintain that weight loss (which I wont, and I will have to slow down the rate of loss along with the occasional plautus) I would potentially reach my goal weight on 4/11/2015.

I am not sure it is all calorie deficit.

I mean, if I have a deficit of 1500 calories, but the 1200 I use, I eat candy and junk food, I do not think I'd lose 1LB every 2 days.

Or would I?
  • alishaq14
    alishaq14 Posts: 16
    Options
    I still have some weight to lose, but I average a loss of about 10-12 lbs a month! :)
  • MrsH1987
    MrsH1987 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have lost 77lbs since Septemeber 14th 2013.

The last month or so I have been more relaxed and just maintained (lost 1/2 lb here and there). I want to try and lose another 13lbs by Septemeber 14th
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options

I am not sure it is all calorie deficit.

I mean, if I have a deficit of 1500 calories, but the 1200 I use, I eat candy and junk food, I do not think I'd lose 1LB every 2 days.

Or would I?
    Well if you were in a true deficit than yes you would, but would it be healthy? No! As you would not hit all of your macro/micro nutrient goals. Also there is the question of satiety, you could easily wipe out your daily calorie allowance with a small amount (1 meal) of candy/junk food because they are calorie dense whereas vegetables, fruit, protein are nutrient dense and lower in calories in contrast.

Moderation and common sense are key!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym

I recommend you read the links I posted for you.
  • LuisSoto62
    LuisSoto62 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12 lbs in 7 weeks. I started with a 1700 calories diet and I walk at least 4 days a week. I try to walk at least 5Km in one hour, that is around 400 burned calories. Most of the weight I lost was in the first 4 weeks, now I am loosing around 2lbs per week. Not bad, considering I am very sedentary.

I still need to loose 60 more lbs. but my goal right now is to keep my diet and my exercise. I have not paid much atention to it in several years.
  • bravesfan01
    Options
    I recommend you read the links I posted for you.

I am going to tomorrow.

Thanks!
  • bravesfan01
    Options
    I still have some weight to lose, but I average a loss of about 10-12 lbs a month! :)

That would be a good pace for me!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Time should never be an issue with sustained weight loss. Try to put healthy for a life time ahead of being slim. Think of it as new you while your body catches up. This is forever so no matter how long it takes, you are dedicated to good health.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am roughly halfway to my goal. I've lost 15 pounds in about three months (my ticker is a bit off). While I'd love to reach my goal weight in another 3 months, I know it's going to be harder as I get closer. I'm prepared for it to take up to 6 months, but I'm not super concerned about a specific end date - I know I'll get there when I get there. Right now my main goal is to think with the end in mind - how can I sustain what I'm doing for the long term?
  • The_Godwin_72
    The_Godwin_72 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    great advice! non scale wins are the BEST-
  • tremenza
    tremenza Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im currently 172lbs and would like to get to 140 by Christmas, saying that my main goal is inch loss/toning. Im a flabby size 14 and would love to get down to a large 10 - 12 :) I have been living in Australia for 5 years and I'm yet to have a day on the beach where I have felt comfortable in a swimsuit!
  • peacheswi
    peacheswi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've lost 94 pounds in 8 months. It was not easy, and I was totally dedicated (did not even eat any Christmas cookies even though I baked a lot to give as gifts).

The weight loss has slowed, and I have 20-30 pounds to go. I even gain some weeks. :(
    I now will have cheat times - going to a festival or something like that, which I did not do those first 8 months.

Weight loss is not a sprint - it is a journey. That journey takes a lifetime (once weight loss is achieved, moving into maintenance).

Your body is not like anyone else's. You may lose slow, then fast, then slow again. Just keep at it. This was a hard lesson for me.

Good luck in your journey, and let us know how you are doing.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Start Weight - 432lbs
    Current Weight - 251lbs
    Goal Weight - 195-200
    Started - August 27th 2013 (10 months, 26 days)
    Total Loss - 181lbs
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i lose about 5 lbs per week.
    and, no, i do not starve myself. i eat, a lot
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25lbs since April 2014. My goal is to lose 20lbs every 3 months. My interim goal is 70lbs by January 2015 and 100lbs by summer 2015. Bonus goal is 120lbs by October 2015 for my wedding.

SW: 250
    CW: 224.6
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!