Getting married must loose weight for the dress!!

Options
*****please ignore type in topic...thats all it is, a typo, i can not fix it so please take this post seriously :)******

Hi Guys!

My name is Faith and I have used this site before in the past and loved it. Well I just got engaged a few months ago and I have a dress that my sister is giving me however it is a size 8-10 and I am a 14-16. Therefore I need to loose weight so that I can fit into it.. its free and beautiful I dont want another dress. I am getting married end of may 2015 so I have time to accomplish this goal. I am predicting I need to lose abotu 50 lbs in order to fit into this dress. However I need someone to help hold me accountable.. That is why I am posting on here is to help keep me motivated. One thing I am doign and I love everyone's input on this is I am going to drink a glass of green tea after each meal, I have heard that works wonders? Can anyone else attest to this?

Well I hope to make some good friends here and look forward to meeting all fo you :)

Faith
(FutureMoore)

Replies

• melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Good luck and congratulations! Im getting married Nov 1 and trying to lose a few before too :)
  • FutureMoore
    Options
    Thank you :) what have you done to loose your weight? Anything specific?

Congratulations to you too!!!
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    congrats on the engagement! What an exciting time in your life! This is great motivation for your weight loss. I have no doubt you will succeed :)

As for the green tea, dont get your hopes up. Unfortunately, Its not some miracle drink that will work wonders.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I do wish you luck with your goals. But I will say........ that's a huge amount of pressure.

Now is the wedding dress a "wedding dress" 8/10 or an actual size 8/10?

Because wedding dresses actually run a few sizes small.
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Green tea after each meal isn't going to help you lose weight, eating at a calorie deficit will. But if the green tea helps you get enough fluids in for the day then there is certainly nothing wrong with drinking it.
  • FutureMoore
    Options
    Oh yes, I dont plan on counting on anything but eating right and working out, however I know the antioxidents in the tea have been said to help digestion and speed up the metabolism. at least thats what I heard not sure how accurate the source was.. lol
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) what have you done to loose your weight? Anything specific?

Congratulations to you too!!!
    Not being mean but the word is "lose" as in "I need to lose weight". Loose is used to describe when something is the opposite of tight. :smile: Just pointing it out due to BFDeal's point.

I'm losing an average of 1 - 1+ a week so I think you can do it. Just exercise and eat at deficit, and congratulations!
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I refuse to try on a wedding dress until I've lost 70lbs - which I should do by January for my October 2015 wedding. Best of luck!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement!!:heart::heart:

I'm getting married in May 2015 as well and sweating for the wedding and hoping to lose around 50 pounds. :heart: :drinker: Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    One thing I am doign and I love everyone's input on this is I am going to drink a glass of green tea after each meal, I have heard that works wonders? Can anyone else attest to this?

What works wonders is figuring out what your TDEE is and taking in less calories than whatever that number is. What also works wonders is being able to figure out how to eat all the foods you love in moderation and keeping them under your TDEE. If you like green tea,.....GREAT....if not, thats okay too. Finally, find new activities you enjoy or start doing activities that you used to enjoy, but have tapered off. Being more active always helpful.

In short eating at a deficit works wonders.
  • FutureMoore
    Options
    I have not actually looked at the size of the dress I just know my sister typically wears an 8/10 in normal clothing...and I used to be that small but I got lazy and content then it got out of control. Once I start working out I have been known in the past to lose the weight pretty quick, just gotta find time to do it
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement. I think that you've set yourself a realistic goal. What's your plan to lose that weight?

(With the best of intentions, it's "lose" weight. I.e. you lose weight in order to have loose clothing).
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have not actually looked at the size of the dress I just know my sister typically wears an 8/10 in normal clothing...and I used to be that small but I got lazy and content then it got out of control. Once I start working out I have been known in the past to lose the weight pretty quick, just gotta find time to do it

Just speaking from experience and I have a friend who works at Alfred Angelo. Wedding dresses usually run small so if you wear a size 14 now you may need a size 18.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Getting into heavy lifting helped me drop inches and dress sizes way faster than cardio and diet. I went from a 10 to a 6 in just about 2 months. I suggest the book New Rules of Lifting for Women as a good starting point.
  • RhapsodyInC
    RhapsodyInC Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I don't know if green tea helps you to lose weight but I've heard that it's very good for you. Especially if you're drinking it *instead* of a sugary drink or snack ;-)
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    In before some smug dbag comments on "loose."

Glad you did it. It's the first thing I see.

Sincerely,

a smug dbag.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    You have almost a whole year! You can definitely do this.

Couple of things to keep in mind.

Weightloss slows down the further along you get, so the bulk will go fast while the last bits will be much harder. If you are trying to keep a schedule with your loss try to get there a little early so if needed you have extra time for the last stubborn pounds.

Don't do what I did,.. I lost 15lb to fit in my dress... then after the wedding gained back 30.

Stick to your calories, and work out daily,.. you can do this!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,950 Member
    Options
    I do wish you luck with your goals. But I will say........ that's a huge amount of pressure.

Now is the wedding dress a "wedding dress" 8/10 or an actual size 8/10?

Because wedding dresses actually run a few sizes small.

It's true. My sister was a size 2 or 4 and she wore a size 8 wedding dress.
  • FutureMoore
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement. I think that you've set yourself a realistic goal. What's your plan to lose that weight?

(With the best of intentions, it's "lose" weight. I.e. you lose weight in order to have loose clothing).

Here is my plan...
    Consume less than 1200 calories a day. Do the eat every two hours trick (breakfast, 2 hrs later snack, 2 hrs later lunch...etc) ABSOLUTELY NO SUGARS (except natural sugars like fruit), Portion control on the foods that may not be the healthiest options ( hopefully that is minimal), drink a gallon of water a day ( i have this jug that is half a gallon so i just drink two of those a day)
    As far as my plan for working out: I go to school full time (I am also graduating a week before my wedding in may 2015 with my BA in Business Admin/Marketing) Going to school has its perks of a free gym (a $2 Million Gym...its freakin nice) however i live 40 minutes away from school now because I just moved. So right now I can walk around the neighborhood and I have workout DVDs. However when school starts back up in mid August here will be my schedule....Monday and Weds work 08:30-03:00, Class 04:00-7:00 then go workout at the school grym from 07:15-08:30 then go home. Tuesday Thursday work 08:30-04:30 pm, Class 1 05:30-7:20, workout 07:30-08:15, Then Class 2 08:30-09:50, then go home. Then friday saturday and sunday i will work out at home or take those as break days.