always over daily calorie consumed

Options
12346»

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise

Start exercising. Not only does this help you lose weight and you can eat more calories, it helps you become fit and strong on the inside.
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Try logging before you eat so you can see if there is a better choice.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    "Calories low" and "feeling full" are mutually exclusive. Why would you expect to feel full on a weight loss diet? To succeed, adhere to your allotted calories. If you eat more because you are still hungry, you're doomed to fail. Drinking water does not have anything to do with weight loss, by the way.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Couple of suggestions (that probably have already been made):

- up your protein (its low as it is) - protein is more satiating than carbs generally
    - eat more 'volume' foods - leafy veggies etc (higher fiber foods)
    - add in exercise and up your non-exercise activity.
    - play around with meal timing and frequency to see if a different cadence works.
  • rebeccaisafish
    rebeccaisafish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You seem to have hamburgers A LOT, which is fine IF they fit into your plan/calories, which clearly in your case they don't. Lots of people have given you suggestions to lower the calories, but personally if I can't have a hamburger in all its greasy glory, then I don't want a healthy version. Not sure if it's the same case for you, but I'd just skip them and have something completely different!

I think you need to have another look at how you're eating. You're having 1000 calories for dinner sometimes (again; fine if it fits your goals but in the case it isn't) so if you aren't willing to allow more daily calories you simply can't have a meal that's THAT full of calories. Look up some recipes (there's a recipe forum here too) and try to find yummy recipes that will be 500 calories instead. Without knowing what kind of foods you like (beyond burgers and pizza) it's hard to give you any suggestions. You can make a yummy curry with meats and proteins etc for just 400 calories a serve. OR a chilli. Or simply a well cooked steak and some yummy veggies. And it doesn't have to be hard! Its so much easier with a small child to be able to take food out of the freezer and just heat it up, and lots of meals (like the curry and the chilli) are great for making large batches of and freezing.

There are lots of other good tips in this thread, but cooking from scratch using some new recipes will help you and can be exciting. You child is 18 months so they are at the age where they can even "help" if you don't mind a little mess.
  • EmmaGreenacre91
    Options
    I sometimes go over my calorie intake but make up for it with some extra exercise then try to be more in control of my self the next day lol
  • BooAndKitty
    Options
    its not a day, over 5 days so its about 695 cal a day! I log everything but at the end of the day I get discouraged about my eating habits,

Logging is the only way to go. If you didn't log you wouldn't know you are going over. Keep logging and you will realize that you cannot continue to go over if you want to lose. Set aside a cheat day every 7 to 12 days for a reward.

This! ^^ :drinker:
  • TEMMEAlexa
    TEMMEAlexa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If you are serious about losing weight then i feel you need to exercise regularly and maintain a balanced diet.Eating what is good for the body will help you not only lose weight but will also help you keep your calorie intake low and still feel full through the day.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    "Calories low" and "feeling full" are mutually exclusive. Why would you expect to feel full on a weight loss diet? To succeed, adhere to your allotted calories. If you eat more because you are still hungry, you're doomed to fail. Drinking water does not have anything to do with weight loss, by the way.

Interesting advice considering you are netting 700 calories usually according to your diary. How is that adhering to your calorie allotment?
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Exercise just makes me hungrier. I still do it as much as I can, but that's one negative aspect about it and it creates the need for more discipline (at least for me). I have also found that certain foods that others say satiate them just don't do it for me. Like greek yogurt. I love the stuff and it has a ton of protein, but for the life of me it NEVER satisfies me. I'll eat one hard boiled egg and feel more sated than if i eat a whole cup of 2% greek. Go figure. Maybe certain foods will do a better job of keeping you full/satisfied? I like foods with protein and fat in them (like eggs- love them)
  • Jess__I__Can
    Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
    Options

This ^ minus the water part. Water may not make you lose weight but for some people it makes them feel "fuller." I know this because I am one of those people.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I bumped because this topic because this is a thread that, for the most part, really constructive and goes beyond just calories in vs. calories out.

It talks about discipline, determination, and attitude. :smile:
  • fejiofor
    fejiofor Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Oh! Believe it or not exercise helps with the hunger. I'd try it even if it's walking 20 min a day at first.

very true for me too. i noticed that when i exercise at night,i generally dont have any appetite so i take cocoa or coco pops and i head to bed to be on the safe side. i actually stopped exercising at night as i was always below my 1200 calories goal.