Does anyone ever have unidentifiable cravings?

Options
I woke up this morning just *wanting* something, and I don't know what it is. I usually allot 400 calories per meal for a 1200 calorie per day total, and I spent most of my breakfast calories trying to figure out my craving. I just had 3 tablespoons of vanilla chia seed pudding, 3 fishsticks, and a quarter of a banana nut muffin. Oh my gosh, the weirdest breakfast ever. Anyone else do this?

Replies

• hughjass783
    hughjass783 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes!! This happens to me daily! Except I don't always resort to healthy choices while I'm trying to figure out my cravings, which is how I got myself into this mess in the first place! :laugh:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning just *wanting* something, and I don't know what it is. I usually allot 400 calories per meal for a 1200 calorie per day total, and I spent most of my breakfast calories trying to figure out my craving. I just had 3 tablespoons of vanilla chia seed pudding, 3 fishsticks, and a quarter of a banana nut muffin. Oh my gosh, the weirdest breakfast ever. Anyone else do this?

Are you the doctor?
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    It's usually boredom for me whenever this happens. Lol. So I do something else to keep my mind off it.
  • ladyofthelakeontario
    ladyofthelakeontario Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I get those pretty regularly. For me, I figured out that most of the time I have unidentifiable cravings, my body actually either wants water or protein. The rest of the time it's just being weird.
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I frequently have unidentifiable cravings. They lead me to eat everything in the house. I will have a few nuts, some oatmeal, peanut butter sandwich, yogurt, apple, tuna, spicy sausage jambalaya, strawberry smoothie, chicken breast, stroganoff, burrito, fried egg, etc. I just keep trying to eat different things until I hit whatever the unidentified craving is. These usually end up being horrible binges. So I commend you for getting out of your unidentified breakfast craving with your daily goals pretty much intact.
  • May_Rose
    May_Rose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes, this happens to me too sometimes. For the past two days, though, I've been craving mustard which I find really weird. I need to google that ;).
  • acookieclicker
    Options
    Guys, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I just added a tablespoon of ice cream to my tally. 50 calories left until I hit my breakfast limit. Oh nooooooo
  • hughjass783
    hughjass783 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Are you the doctor?

Apples are rubbish.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I get those pretty regularly. For me, I figured out that most of the time I have unidentifiable cravings, my body actually either wants water or protein. The rest of the time it's just being weird.

This. Or more calories in general. 1200 is pretty low. If this is happening to you often, you might consider raising your daily goal a little bit.
  • acookieclicker
    Options

This. Or more calories in general. 1200 is pretty low. If this is happening to you often, you might consider raising your daily goal a little bit.

I think it could be attributed to hormonal fluctuations to be honest. I've been fine with 1200 so far. My BMR is around 1500, and I've been hitting all my needs for nutrients and such.
  • ZOOpergal
    ZOOpergal Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It's usually boredom for me whenever this happens. Lol. So I do something else to keep my mind off it.
    Yup. 100%
  • adamf1231
    adamf1231 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually try drinking water, failing that black coffee. Usually it is boredom, or wanting a cigarette (even after almost 1 year smoke free).