Need friends who are eating more than 1200-1400 a day!

Options
I've just started over on MFP & I'd like to follow a few people who aren't just eating 1200 calories of string cheese and cereal a day. I use the TDEE method for calculating my calories for weight loss which puts me between 1800 and 2000 a day. Anyone out there losing weight by eating MORE? =)

Replies

• RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1600 but I usually try to workout so I can eat a little more
  • Archer9304
    Archer9304 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I eat 1630...shortie. :) I'll send a FR
  • mmredd100
    mmredd100 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I also follow the TDEE method! I am too between 1800-2000 calories a day. Would like to lose 30-35 pounds, feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    1750 on TDEE add me if you like :-)
  • kisseso3
    kisseso3 Posts: 36
    Options
    My goal is set at 1940, and I work out so sometimes I eat more. I've lost 9lbs so far so it's totally doable. Feel free to add me :)
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I eat real food and am maintaining at 2100-2200 the moment. Lost the last 30 pounds of my weight eating at 1800+
  • CallMeBacon
    CallMeBacon Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1550.. also a shortie. Feel free to FR. I love lifting weights and .. bacon!
  • MissYoki
    MissYoki Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes - Yes ! Me... I was eating terribly and now that I am eating more with really substantial meals that make me feel so full. I am actually losing weight... Thanks to #TeamLauraDFood
  • michproca
    michproca Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am at 1230 calories a day, working out every day for 45-75 minutes and hardly losing any weight. I am 5'7" anf 154lbs and want to lose about 10-15 pounds. i am jealous of those who are at 1800 calories a day. I gain weight easily when I eat more. Don't know what I am doing wrong.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious, but what does someone else's diet have to do with you selecting them as part of your circle of friends here?
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I eat over 2000 a day. My goal is 1750, but I burn off 500+ calories a day and eat back my exercise calories. Feel free to add me.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I am at 1230 calories a day, working out every day for 45-75 minutes and hardly losing any weight. I am 5'7" anf 154lbs and want to lose about 10-15 pounds. i am jealous of those who are at 1800 calories a day. I gain weight easily when I eat more. Don't know what I am doing wrong.

I'd make a separate thread (with your diary public) if you need help.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious, but what does someone else's diet have to do with you selecting them as part of your circle of friends here?

Getting ideas for what to eat by looking at their diary (just a guess).
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1800 calories/day. Sometimes I go over and sometimes I'm under. I really just try to eat what I want and I'm doing the moderation thing. I'm finding that I'm satisfied and not obsessing about food that's "off limits." It's working for me so far.
  • knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    For some reason, MFP wants to put me at 1200/day but another site had me at 1700. I edited it to 1600. Between exercise and eating healthy, I'm barely making 1200 but when I do 1400, I'm still ok. I'm loosing about 2lb/week. I will tell you, we're eating pretty well and often if you choose the right foods, you still won't make the calorie goal. One other site said to take your current weight, multiply it by 12 then subtract 500 for every pound you want to lose per week. At 2 lbs/week, that brings be down to about 1400. I'm push my calorie goal down until I get there but I'm not looking for quick weight loss, I'm looking for real weight loss
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I use the TDEE method as well. Feel free to add me!
    Just note I have been on holidays and out of town for a bit so there is nothing on my diary for a few weeks, but I am back today. Just so you don't think I am one of those who doesn't consistently log lol
    :drinker:
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options

If you're working out that hard, you're under eating. Eat more. Worked for me.
    Look up Eat More To Weigh Less group.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I eat anywhere from 1500-2300 depending on how much exercise I have completed - so feel free to add me :-)
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My goal is in the 1700s to lose 2lbs a week because I have 100ish to lose. I try to hit that as a minumum but some days I totally forget about eating for a few hours and end up under. Some days I eat too much and end up over. But the average is about 1750. (TDEE has me at that for this rate)

ETA: I've been losing consistently, even if it isn't an exact 2lbs per week. And my measurements are going down. I cut in half the estimated calorie burns for workouts and eat most of it back.
  • jillyrose0711
    jillyrose0711 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!