Weight Loss Pills VS. On Your Own.

Options
2»

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! Its just frustrating when someone looses SOOOOO fast and I struggle! Guess I'll keep it up. Been trying for years with cheats....this time its me vs food only....and so far....Im in the lead!

The fact is that "weight loss" isn't real until you have kept it off for at least 1-2 years.

That's the only true measure of effectiveness. There are many weight loss interventions that will work short term (one might even argue that most of them work--for a while). But hardly anything works long-term, except for portion control and exercise (and even those don't work as well as we would like).

So, yeah, it can raise some doubt when you see other people doing pills, and various forms of VLCDs. It takes a certain amount of faith to know that, in a year or so, you will be still maintaining your "slower " gains--while your friends are back looking the way they used to.
  • ashgirl95
    ashgirl95 Posts: 48
    Options
    A big NO on diet pills. Unless specifically prescribed by a licensed doctor, they're dangerous. Period.
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey (this time) with the help of an all natural supplement called ACE. I took it off and on for about 6 months and lost a good deal of weight in that time. Then I couldn't afford it, so I had to stop taking it and continued to lose weight on my own. All said, I lost 75 pounds in about 14 months. I did keep it off for a while, but then started taking a new birth control and anti-depressant at the same time (both of which are famous for weight gain) and I gained back about 20 pounds. When I wanted to get serious again, I looked into ACE to help "kick start" me again, but they changed the formula and it no longer works for me. I think some pills *can* help if you are using them as an aid and not relying on them as a "miracle". That's also how you maintain the weight (or continue losing) after. You have to change, the pill can't do that for you. If you don't change, of course you're going to gain the weight back.
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    See that lovely kid in your photo with you? Continue to set a good example with your lifestyle by not taking pills as a means to an end. The weight doesn't come on in a month so it's not going to come off in a month. Continue to do it slow and steady because it's the best way, it will stay off, and your skin will shrink up at an appropriate rate. Your loss is going at an awesome rate. Keep it up!! Stay strong and don't compare yourself to your friends. Have confidence in your own plan!
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Nah.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    1.5lb to 2lb a week is an awesome result. Sounds like you got this. Weight loss is slow. And that's good because it also takes time to develop those habits you're going to need to keep off the weight. Anything that you can't wait to stop doing, once you get to goal, is not a good strategy for weight loss or maintenance.

So yeah, keep going as you are. Doing well so far!
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I am calling shenanigans that you are having friends losing 1 lb a day with weigh loss pills.
  • crystalblair2355
    crystalblair2355 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Accountability doesn't come in a pill.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^