Turkey Burger Request

Options
2»

Replies

• Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    This my absolute favourite turkey burger recipe

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10767/turkey-burgers-with-beetroot-relish

The beetroot relish really makes a difference - healthy too.

Lots of great recipes on the BBC site - probably because every other TV program on the BBC seems to be a cooking program LOL

I'll be trying this next week, thanks !

Ben
  • Do you like Salmon? I found some awesome Salmon burgers at the store and they have 23g of protein each, they are made my Compliments

Taste great with a bit of home made tartar sauce
  • Takeahike86
    Takeahike86 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love turkey burgers! I treat it just like a hamburger....in pan with water instead of oil, a little of worstershire sauce for gamier flavor, and only cooked to JUST done or it will be too dry. a light wheat bread with plenty of my fav. condiments....YUM! ( i think Ill have one now!) Your talking at most half of what a reg. hamburger is in fat, and calories.
  • sacfrazier
    Options
    My husband and I just tried Jennie-O Turkey burgers (We bought the Savory Seasoned ones from Walmart). We cooked them out on the grill, put them on a sandwich thin and loaded it with raw green peppers, onion, and mild banana peppers along with a little mustard. They were very tasty!
  • amenhorn
    amenhorn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love making the weight watchers turkey burger recipe. I've been making it for a couple years and even my husband (who loves red meat and never has to worry about gaining weight) thinks they are really good.

Weight Watchers Turkey Burgers recipe
    Makes 4 servings
    Ingredients
    3/4 lb ground turkey (lean)
    1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese
    2 scallions or green onions, chopped
    1 tablespoon ketchup
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    Preparation
    1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients (except the cheese).
    2. Blend in the cheese.
    3. Form into 4 patties.
    4. Spray a frying pan with cooking spray.
    5. Cook the patties until done.

Nutritional information per serving: 171 calories, 9.9g fat, 0.3g fiber

I use any type of onion I have on hand (1/4 cup), I used minced garlic, and any type of cheese. They are delicious.
  • ScottMcCormick22
    Options
    You have to look at the turkey you are buying, the one you want is ground white meat turkey breast. Regular ground turkey is just like 80/20 ground beef.
  • StoneColdLiger
    StoneColdLiger Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Some of these recipes for Turkey burgers sound really good. I think I will start getting the leaner beef, as people have suggested. But after seeing all these recipes I'm very tempted to try turkey burgers too. Thanks for all the suggestions!
  • svgaedtke
    svgaedtke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My favorite TURKEY Burger is by far the Jenni-o patties that are seasoned with onion and garlic... I never had to add anything to them.. D-lish.. but for some reason they have been very hard to come by around here.
  • stac2486
    stac2486 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I get the fresh Jennie O Turkey Burgers (not seasoned) from the store and put Monterrey Steak seasoning on both sides and grill it. I also use the bread thins by orowheat instead of a bun. The bread thins are only 100 calories.
  • Aubers
    Aubers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe online and tried it out for a family get together, haven't made it for one person who hasn't liked it. Super yummy and super easy...

1 pound ground turkey
    1 tablespoon garlic powder
    1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
    1 teaspoon dried minced onion (optional)
    1 egg
    1/2 cup crushed cheese flavored crackers (we use reduced fat cheese its)

Preheat a grill for high heat.
    In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, minced onion, egg and crackers using your hands. Form into four fat patties.
    Place patties on the grill, and cook for about 5 minutes per side, until well done.
  • umduh1
    umduh1 Posts: 11
    Options
    Ben...that was funny.
    You said...I'll be trying this next week, and your quote at the bottom is --

Do or do not, there is no try....LOL!

Sorry, everyone...carry on!