50 lbs or more to lose?

Options

Replies

• fat2skinny50
    fat2skinny50 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 20 to 30 pounds but have no set time frame, i know it is not your 50 pounds or more, but... I will cheer you on and give support, as i hope you will for me. Feel free to add me.
  • erikarobles
    erikarobles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!!!! That is awesome!!!!! Feel free to add me!!!
  • missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'll be your friend!

Current Weight: 276
    Goal Weight: 135
    My Plan: Kickboxing 2-3 times a week and a salad every day (Last time I tried my fitness pal I did a salad every day and the weight melted off! I lost 10lb in three weeks!)
  • Jking826
    Jking826 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I been on this road several times. I lost so good and gained it all back... Now, Im back trying to get it back off & keep it off. Im looking to lose 70lbs... Please add me anyone...I need all the help I can get : )
  • kevinuc74
    kevinuc74 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the great work. From a fellow New Jerseyian to another I'm proud of you. 10,000 steps a day huh? Do you have a FitBit?
  • tracy_getsfit
    tracy_getsfit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 375 07/01/2013
    Current Weight 218 07/21/2014
    Goal Weight 185

I have embraced a very active lifestyle and low to moderate carbs. I log everyday and am very honest about what I am doing and what has helped.

Feel free to ad me. I am always looking for more support and to be able to support others.
  • SausyK
    SausyK Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I need to lose about 50-60lbs. Looking to lose most of it by October 23, 2014 (this year, 3 months from now), for my best friend's wedding in New Orleans. I'm running 2-3 miles five days a week and sticking to a low carb 1200 calorie limit. I am 5'4 and 188lbs. Feel free to add me :-)
  • KIZGNARR
    KIZGNARR Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 55 lbs by November of 2014, then another 25 by November 2015... I have been adjusting my goals and increased my activity level. I also bought a fitbit that reminds me to move it on the days I have been lazy! You can do it! :)
  • tldiet
    tldiet Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My original goal was 50 by my 50th birthday 12.13.14 and I'm still hoping to make it. Down 16 lbs as of this morning. I try hard to get myself to exercise harder so I burn more calories, just not my thing. Have to find the right fit so if anyone has suggestions on workouts or routines that helped improve the intesity of their exercise I'd love to hear them.

SW 232
    CW 216
    Goal by 12.13.14 175

Please feel free to add me as a friend. Always excited to support and cheer on others and hoping for more of the same

Have a great day everyone
  • SherylShug
    Options
    Hi...!

100+ pounds gained in the last 5 years, and more than 100 to lose.

Haven't really started on any plan yet, just testing the waters.

Have never been on a diet of any kind in my life, was one of those people who ate whatever they wished and stayed thin.

Gained 50 lbs in pregnancy and another 50 in the first year and another 30 in the second, or thereabouts.

Looking forward to getting it all off.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I don't have as much to lose now as I did in January. You can do this!!!

My stats:

Highest weight recorded 285 January 2014
    Current weight 211 (209 this morning but I weigh in Monday)
    Height 5'1
    Age 47
    Starting size 24/26
    Current size 16

Plan - I eat everything in moderation, haven't eliminated anything, just watching calories and getting walking 10 plus miles a day. I use the Leslie Sansone dvd's and love them. I also do some strength training.
  • megan116xo
    megan116xo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am just starting out. I am looking to lose around 100 lbs. Never really been in shape! So far two weeks in and doing ok! Hoping for more support! Feel free to friend request me! :)

Thanks.
  • chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to drop about 70ish pounds. This will still not get me to my ideal weight for my height (or the BMI charts), but because of my body type, I can't drop that low or I'd look ill. I've been at my goal weight once before and I looked great. (Well, I didn't think I did then, but you know how that goes...)

Feel free to friend request me ... I need as much motivation as you all do. But we can do this!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I need to lose 65lbs and have tried everything....I usually lose about 10 lbs and then it gets really hard and I give up:sad:

So a good friend of mine lost over 100 lbs using MFP and of course exercise but nothing to crazy radical...walking, riding a bike! She looks amazing! She is now doing the weight lifting thing and is nice a toned up. She is truly an amazing person.

So this is what I have tried:
    Advocare
    Quick Weight Loss Centers
    Nutrisystem
    Medifast
    RedCircle
    WeightWatchers
    MFP

The problem with some of these is I'm good for about a month then all the sudden the food tastes horrible (the ones that have prepackaged food) which is really weird. Does this happen to anyone?

I did have surgery that left me without being able to exercise for 8 weeks...that really put a damper on my weight loss efforts. So basically I am starting over. I had lost 25 lbs before I knew I had to get an abdominal hysterectomy....Had 15 staples in my stomach...so no lifting or jogging for 6 weeks... gained back 15!

anyway,
    would love to join an online support group...any takers?

CC

You should try IIFYM (IF It Fits Your Macros). It's not a fad diet that you have you have to pay a recurring charge for supplies or a membership, its sustainable for life and its been proven effective time and time again. In fact its a favorite diet of many body builders and figure competitors.
  • katiedoo82
    katiedoo82 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    hi guys...

feel free to add me :0) im 32.... currently weigh 194 lbs but hoping to get down to 130 or so! log on daily...but still haven't had the confidence to open up my diary but hopefully in time!!! hope to get to know yee over our journeys!

good luck to all here :0) we can do this!!!
  • Vorcha
    Vorcha Posts: 126
    Options
    Add me, all of you!

I'm 5'9", 203lbs and aiming for a nice, healthy 150. I keep falling off this bloody wagon because I'm a weak willed sap but I'm absolutely motivated to kick this thing in the *kitten*.
  • soltris
    soltris Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello! Glad to see you're here. MFP is a great tool and you'll meet a lot of interesting folks along the way. I'm always happy finding more friends on the weight loss journey. I also lost some weight before coming here, but all told I'll probably need to lose 200 pounds and am about halfway there currently. In the past I've done Atkins successfully for a couple years and got down to my goal weight but as soon as I tried to ease myself off of the system I went off the rails in a big way and gained it all back with interest.

My stats:

Highest weight recorded 391.0
    Current weight 295.4 (~70 of that on MFP over the course of about 14 months, so barely over 1 pound/week)
    Height 6'0"
    Age 35
    Plan - Moderation and calorie counting this time. No fads! This way I can still have pizza and fries and drinks on the weekends, as long as it fits. :) Exercise is a walk/jog a couple times a week for now.

Add me! I've turned off a lot of my spammy 'logged in for X days in a row' sort of notifications but my diary's open.
  • mvpFxF
    mvpFxF Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm currently 227 lbs. at 5'2". I'm determined to lose 67 lbs. but know that I need to lose more. I figure getting to 160 lbs. is a challenging enough goal for now.

I have a Fitbit One and am trying to get in 10k steps a day. I've promised myself that if I lose 30 lbs. I can reward myself with the Fitbit Flex! :D I've had a MFP account for awhile but have only started using it a little over a month ago.

Please add me. It'd be great to go through this journey with others. Let's cross that finish line together!
  • tippydb13
    tippydb13 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new.. just signed up for MFP today. I'm looking to lose 50lbs.... I'm hoping to work on portion control and just staying motivated! (that's the hard part)
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    I've lost 32.5 and have 84.5 to go.