is there a way to add calories if your nursing?

Options
not sure if there is an option for this???

Replies

• hunterzmomma
    Options
    in the food section where you add food, just type in breastfeeding and a couple options will come up
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    There is a nursing mom on my friends list and I believe she adds it in as exercise. I know it pops up on my home page that she burned 500 calories breastfeeding. So give that a try. :) Good luck!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    You can adjust your goals manually to include those extra calories needed while breastfeeding. Go to MyHome>Goals>Change Goals> and the pick custom.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I just manually added 300 calories to my daily intake. It seems to be working just fine that way. I am losing weight and not losing milk.
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    U burn another 500-600 calories a day maybe more depending on the baby's age and if ur exclusive nursing or giving formula also. U should find it easier to lose weight while nursing because of this! I lost about 15 pounds but regained it when I wasn't careful after I stopped nursing. So when u stopped nursing b aware that u will need to exercise more and eat less to maintain or continue losing! Good luck!!!
  • jessicalwebb
    Options
    thanks everyone!!! :smile:
  • gypsyrosedog
    Options
    Deffinitely under foods as said...I'm nursing as well and logging it daily.