Pirates booty/smart puffs snacks

Options
I just went to the store and bought several bags of these today, hoping they'd be a healthy alternative for a snack, rather than snacking on plain chips & less healthy snacks. But the serving size says 1 oz per serving, with b/t 4-4.5 servings per bag. I don't have a scale so I'd like to know approximately how many of these would be a in serving.

Also would it be a smart thing for me to invest in a scale? I have no idea where to get one & really don't have tons of extra cash to spend on one if I get one. So I need help!

Replies

• ebergmann
    Options
    First off, pirates booty in aged white cheddar is good and so addicting! If junk food is a trigger food for you, I'd be wary.
    Secondly, the weight watchers scale is at Costco, has a digital readout and can be in kg or lbs, gives you a decimal point and is $15! I love it.

Keep on keeping on, E
  • flinchyny
    flinchyny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Maybe divide the bag into 4 tupperware containers?

I wouldn't bother w/ a food scale, personally.

Heck, to save money, buy a bag of carrots instead of several bags of Pirate's Booty -- you'll save $$$ right there. ;)
  • Coramae09
    Coramae09 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    a food scale is worth buying. i use it all the time. it really helps you see what your portion size should be. good luck!!!
  • lgeren
    lgeren Posts: 45
    Options
    The snacking is a hard thing for me, but I need something small to curb that need for a snack mid afternoon. I love carrots & will use that as well, but need some variation.

@ Ebergmann- I don't have a Costco anywhere nearby. Anywhere else I can get one?
  • WhtTigress
    Options
    I bought my scale at Walmart for $19.97, and I use it every day for portion control. I find it invaluable for figuring out how much is really in a portion. It is so hard to estimate things, especially when it says something like 5 pieces, and all the pieces are different sizes. Almost all nutritional guide information also includes the servings in grams, so it makes it easy to make sure you are getting the right amount.
  • narrowdoor
    narrowdoor Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend a scale, it is a valuable tool for accuracy....We are excellent at fooling ourselves on portion control :) Most "drug" stores will have them fairly reasonably priced, but do get a digital, the older spring loaded don't work.

Pirates Booty is super yummy!! Carrots, celery...depending on what exactly you are watching in your diet besides calories....I like laughing cow lite cheese....35 cal per serving and 1.5 fat, you can spread that on a few crackers, eat it on celery, a slice of bread. Again depending on your specifics, a few squares (small) of dark chocolate is very satisfying!!