Newbie with PCOS Looking people with similar goals.

Options
Hey. Im new to MFP. At the start of the year I was diagnosed with T2 diabetes, PCOS and hypothyroidism. I have 190LBS to lose and would love to meet others going through the same as me for help and motivation.

Replies

• good_girl_n
    Options
    One day at a time. You can do it :) I understand struggles with PCOS.never give up as hard as it may seem some days.
  • rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm going to add you, and anyone else who reads this feel free to add me :)

I have PCOS and while it has little affect on weight (at least as far as I can tell..) it gives me a TON of other problems. The biggest problem is a constant sense of anxiety that sometimes flares up into panic attacks/rage that I can't suppress/extreme low self-esteem.

I'd love to have friends with PCOS to see how everyone is dealing with the symptoms! It really helps me to be reminded that it's a real, physical problem and not me being a failure. :)
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and am trying to lose a total of about 165 pounds. I still have 135 to go. :)
  • kdluper
    kdluper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I struggle with hypothyrodisim, hyperlipidemia and PCOS. I was diganosed with each at seperate times, but when researching the PCOS after the diagnosis 5 years ago I learned that they go hand in hand and explain a lot, including my struggle to even lose a few pounds. My endocronologist helps me to manage both my hypothyrodism and my PCOS, and I see a cardiologist for my hyperlipidemia.
    I would talk to your doctor about his/her comfort level with using some supplements to help along with any medications you use. There are numerous choices, and those that struggle with PCOS are typically known to have Vitamin D3 deficiancies, and if you are using Metformin/Glucophage this can contribute to that as well.
    Just take it one day at a time, and do some research. I read a book a few years aga called the Glucose Revolution and PCOS that helped give me some tips to talk to my doctors about as well as tips for eating based on glycemic load.
  • barb_nel619
    Options
    Hi there. I was on and then left for a bit but came back on Sunday. I have reached the point that I need to make changes. I have PCOS and am going to the Dr. next week to see if I am a diabetic. I struggle to keep weight off and it kicks my self esteem right in the face. So I will help you because God knows we all need help!!
  • jhilhan
    jhilhan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS.

My whole life has been a weight loss roller coaster and I am tired of it. I'm hoping that with this site and some accountability I can not only lose the weight (again!) but more importantly, maintain the weight as well.

Good luck!!
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. Do a search, there is a group for people with PCOS
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    welcome!

i have PCOS too and 100lbs to lose!
    FR sent

any others feel free to add me too! :-)
  • ladyrosebudz
    ladyrosebudz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and I'm looking for more people on here to encourage and support as well! :) I'll add you, and anyone else here feel free to add me! :)
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I HAD PCOS and Insulin Resistance in April of 2013. Over the course of 16 months I lost 101 pounds, curing my PCOS and Insulin Resistance.

PCOS is NOT the end of the world, It just takes a little more of an effort on our part. I highly recommend you read a book on Low Carb or Insulin Resistance diet. PCOS and Insulin Resistance are both caused by insulin levels and weight.

You, and anyone else, can add me to their friends list!
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I've had PCOS since 6th grade, I'm now a senior in college; birth control and estrogen therapy help a lot, plus it helps with acne caused by it some what. I think it caused a weight problem when I was younger but it leveled out in high school and I lost a ton of weight. But now I'm back to original weight plus hypoglycemia.

Good luck to you, and if you'd like to talk about it feel free to message me.
  • JesChernosky
    JesChernosky Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have problems with my weight and energy, much of which has to do with the PCOS. I am on birth control and metformin. I am looking to loose around 80 - 100 pounds. I will add you as a friend and feel free to message me to talk.

Also, there is a PCOS message board on here that may help! Good luck and lots of prayers for your journey.
  • amy_lou_6
    amy_lou_6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a newbie too and am trying to shake off the PCOS weight to help with TTC baby #1. A year ago, I had never even heard of PCOS. I just thought, I was getting older and all the annoying weight gain and chin fuzz was normal. :) I would love to get a few MFP buddies to help keep me on track. Please add me if you want. I can use all the help I can get and will be happy to have your back in return.
  • jjartistry76
    jjartistry76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too have/had PCOS and Type 2 Diabetes and have been able to reverse both of them. I still have some more weight I would like to lose, but I would like to encourage you to not give up. It can be done. I too am seeking out some support via the online forums here. It is not an easy path to travel trying to re-arrange your diet and fit in time for exercise. I have kind of strayed from my path and am trying to get focused again. So far, from my recent blood work, though I have gained a little weight, my A1C has stayed in the 'normal' range for glucose to keep me from pre-diabetic or diabetic levels.

There is hope, there is also a lot of effort to making changes; nutrition, exercises, motivation, time, etc. My motivation right now is that my A1C is on track and that I have experienced the difference when making healthy changes.

Hang in there!!! :):)
  • SasssyJazzy
    Options
    Hi All,

Recently found out i have PCOS. Not a very disciplined person when it comes to eating but i do excercise atleast 4 days out of the week for about an hour each day. I struggle to keep weight off because i cannot seem to eat healthy. Would like to get to a healthy place. Any advice or tips are appreciated and welcomed!!
  • the0th3rjen
    the0th3rjen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have Type 2 diabetes and PCOS and I'm doing my best to get and keep it all under control. I've managed to lose 70lbs and bring my A1C from a 9.5 to 5.9 and I work hard everyday to do better. I'm sending you a FR as I think we have a similar weight loss goal.
  • lorisnaturallocks
    Options
    Hi!

I'm new to MFP. I have PCOS and am hoping to loose 82 lbs one day. Friend me is you want a support buddy. I need some too.
  • jenniferv38
    jenniferv38 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi...I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 17. After being a wreck for so many years and letting my PCOS rage out of control, I am emotionally and mentally in a really good place right now, which has finally allowed me to focus on my physical health. PCOS effects everyone in different ways...there are days when I feel like the PCOS poster child. I don't have any magic solutions for PCOS(although I have prayed for them for years!) but I am learning that it is manageable and does not have to define who I am or how I see myself. Our bodies are amazing and can overcome staggering odds. Good luck...I would love to provide you with some support I will send you a friend request :) Anyone else...feel free to send a request my way.
  • jjartistry76
    jjartistry76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To -- the0th3rjen

I wanted to say you rock! To get your A1C down from 9.5 to 5.9 that is amazing!! I was as high as 7.1 and have been able to maintain at 5.4 still would like to do more weight loss but I'm happy to have maintained so far.

Congrats to you!!!

:)
  • Chantrea717
    Options
    Hi, I was just very recently diagnosed with PCOS, I am not insulin resistant and thankfully not diabetic, but I am very overweight and as I would like to get pregnant hopefully before 2016 I want to whip my body into health! I was using MFP about four months ago and did alright for about a month then of course fell off the bandwagon and went from 222 to 231 and wow has it been a huge change in how I feel! My goal is to lose 71 lbs and continue on healthy from there! It's only been a week and coming to terms with having PCOS has been difficult as I had hoped to get pregnant within the year, but I know it will be better for me and my babies to get healthy, not to mention my relationship with my boyfriend who obviously is not so attracted to me anymore! Sorry if TMI but I have no one else to vent to without them reading more into what I am saying, we are not unhappy, but our physical relationship is basically null and void and I don't blame him! So if anyone wants to put up with this feel free to add me :)