Juice cleanse and working out

Options
Hi, I am planning on doing a three day cleanse this upcoming weekend, and I was wondering if it is healthy to still continue my workout schedule. I usually workout three to four times a day and burn 1,000-1,800 calories each day working out. I know that my calories are going to be lower due to only drinking the juices that are listed in this program, and I probably will be lacking on some nutrients needed like protein. Any ideas or advice would be very helpful and appreciated!

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    i advise you skip the cleanse. they do nothing good.
  • IrishGirlVA
    Options
    I guess everyone is different because when I did a juice cleanse once, I felt absolutely great afterwards! It even helped reduce or eliminate a lot of bad food cravings.

The first day or two on the cleanse I was too tired to really work out. I still exercised but not at the intensity I normally would have. The 3rd day, however, I was feeling rejuvenated and worked out like I normally would have.

BTW -- I did a 5 day cleanse.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

This. Eat a well balanced diet and exercise. You'll be healthier than if you do the exercise and engage in the cleanse. Cleanses are a fad. They aren't going to clear your system of mythical toxins (which so far no one has been able to identify on these boards). If you have a legit toxin buildup, that's a matter for your doctor (to check your liver and kidneys) not for glasses of extracted fruit juice.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

QFT.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am planning on doing a three day cleanse this upcoming weekend, and I was wondering if it is healthy to still continue my workout schedule. I usually workout three to four times a day and burn 1,000-1,800 calories each day working out. I know that my calories are going to be lower due to only drinking the juices that are listed in this program, and I probably will be lacking on some nutrients needed like protein. Any ideas or advice would be very helpful and appreciated!

According to your diary, you are already extremely under eating, why stop now?
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options

QFT.

+2
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    In to quote everyone else and say skip the cleanse, it's not helpful and you don't need to be any lower than you already are, and to ask what in the sam hell you're doing for workouts. An 1800 calorie burn? That's my intake for the day. I can get my *kitten* beat for 90 solid minutes in high-impact zumba and barely clear 800-900. It sounds like you're way, way overexercising, if that's an accurate burn.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I guess everyone is different because when I did a juice cleanse once, I felt absolutely great afterwards! It even helped reduce or eliminate a lot of bad food cravings.

The first day or two on the cleanse I was too tired to really work out. I still exercised but not at the intensity I normally would have. The 3rd day, however, I was feeling rejuvenated and worked out like I normally would have.

BTW -- I did a 5 day cleanse.

Placebo is a hell of a drug.

1641701.jpg
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options

QFT.

+2

+8
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Why? Your body does not recalibrate after a cleanse. Your body does not have fewer "toxins" after a cleanse. Your body does not jump start after a cleanse. There is literally no benefit to a juice cleanse, unless maybe you have scurvy. Do you have scurvy?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What workout do you do that burns over 1000 cals?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    19 years old, juice cleanse, and working out 3-4 times a day. Hmm I'm going with troll post or nut job. Not sure which. Anyways, in.

Oh, I missed the 3-4 times a day and thought that was per week.

OP, if you're legit, you might have an ED and you need to seek medical advice asap.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    19 years old, juice cleanse, and working out 3-4 times a day. Hmm I'm going with troll post or nut job. Not sure which. Anyways, in.

Oh, I missed the 3-4 times a day and thought that was per week.

OP, if you're legit, you might have an ED and you need to seek medical advice asap.

Agreed
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    OP sounds like you have an eating disorder and the fact you are working out several times a day, please seek help for your ED!!!!
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

This times five billion.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Wait for it...wait for it...skip the cleanse.
  • lolybear
    lolybear Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can view the exercise log...

Monday 21 July:
    Gym - 40min - 400cal
    Walking, 3.5mph - 15min - 69cal
    JM Kick Boxing DVD - 20min - 200cal
    Running, 6mph - 16min - 195cal
    JM6wk6pck - 35min - 300cal
    Total burn: 1164cal

Sunday 20 July:
    Gym - 80min - 900cal
    JM6wk6pck - 35min - 300cal
    Walking, 3.5mph - 33min - 152cal
    Total burn: 1558cal

Friday 18 July:
    Gym - 95min - 1150cal
    JM6wk6pck - 35min - 307cal
    Total burn: 1657cal

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the numbers for "gym" are *WAAAAY* overestimated....

Also, skip the cleanse. It's bullsh*t.
  • live2run95
    live2run95 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    To everyone who has respectfully shared your opinions on not seeing use/ health benefits of a cleanse thank you. I truly appreciate your thoughts and will look into it more and probably forgo the idea of doing a cleanse. To everyone who is wondering what I do for working out it is as follows: I run five times a week 45-60 minutes, go to the gym 7 days a week every other day is strength day which includes an hour of cardio( mostly running on the treadmill) and 45 minutes of strength on the other days I do 60-120 minutes of cardio, 6 days a week I do a kickboxing workout DVD, and 6 days a week I do a Jillian Michael's workout DVD. To everyone who decided that this would be a great opportunity to be rude and call me a nut job or a troll, you succeed in making me feel like absolute ****. I am literally in tears as I am typing this, so thank you. By the way I am not sure what my age has to do with anything. A cleanse is probably just as unhealthy/ unrealistic no matter my age. I'm sorry if this seems rude or upsetting to anyone, but I just wanted you to know that your words hurt and kindness is a much better way to deal with anything in life.