Getting married must loose weight for the dress!!

Options
13»

Replies

• tag624
    tag624 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If the dress is still to snug you could always alter to have a corset back, I think that gives it a little extra room.
  • tag624
    Options
    So what calorie goal is attainable? I only stated less than 1200 bc MFP said in order to lose 2lbs a week thats the daily calorie intake I needed.

I would check out IIFYM, theres a facebook page for women, one girl actually just lost 95 lbs since January of this year!!! I just started this week and was trying the whole 1200 calorie a day thing, which led to binges, and almost passing out during workouts, now I eat 1903 cals and have lost 3 pounds already in a week and a half. A lot of people of MFP do it and look amazing. Feel free to add me :)
  • lysrae11
    lysrae11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost 40lbs in 8 months to fit into my dress 2 years ago. I bought it before I was even engaged, had a baby gained 40-50 lbs, then got engaged! It is very possible for you to lose it! My advice to you is that planning can get stressful and time consuming. Try to multitask as much as possible. Pinterest and the treadmill were my best friends while I was planning. 30-40 min x3 days a week on the treadmill helped alot! Drink lots of water! If you want to cut out sugars I suggest Dr. Gotts "no flour,no sugar diet". It has great tips and recipes. Good luck and Conrgatulations!!
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    So what calorie goal is attainable? I only stated less than 1200 bc MFP said in order to lose 2lbs a week thats the daily calorie intake I needed.

I would check out IIFYM, theres a facebook page for women, one girl actually just lost 95 lbs since January of this year!!! I just started this week and was trying the whole 1200 calorie a day thing, which led to binges, and almost passing out during workouts, now I eat 1903 cals and have lost 3 pounds already in a week and a half. A lot of people of MFP do it and look amazing. Feel free to add me :)

In my opinion no one should be losing 95lbs in 30 weeks, and anyone that wants to succeed should not compare their goals and weight loss rates to this person. Also don't gauge your success after the first week and a half. My weight can fluxuate 3 lbs from morning to evening depending on things like water retention.

1200 calories a day may be okay for you, if you find that it isn't enough food, just go back and change your settings to lose 1.5lbs per week instead and it should give you an extra 250 calories a day that you can eat (1450 a day). You have 40 weeks to get into that dress, so you could easily get away with 1.5lbs per week instead.
  • tag624
    Options

In my opinion no one should be losing 95lbs in 30 weeks, and anyone that wants to succeed should not compare their goals and weight loss rates to this person. Also don't gauge your success after the first week and a half. My weight can fluxuate 3 lbs from morning to evening depending on things like water retention.

1200 calories a day may be okay for you, if you find that it isn't enough food, just go back and change your settings to lose 1.5lbs per week instead and it should give you an extra 250 calories a day that you can eat (1450 a day). You have 40 weeks to get into that dress, so you could easily get away with 1.5lbs per week instead.

Well if your sitting on your *kitten* all day then I'm sure 1200 calories is fine, and its not like I just said "Omg I lost 3 pounds this is the best diet ever", I have been staying about the same for a while now eating low calorie and doing hours of cardio a week and finally broke through my plateau so I change up things and finally dropped some weight, I don't think that's a coincidence
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) what have you done to loose your weight? Anything specific?

Congratulations to you too!!!

Just counting calories, a little exercise here and there and as of this week, Ive tried eating more veggie based stuff instead of meat. my digestive system was out of whack, thats why. So far, Ive lost 5.6 since July 1.

I ordered my dress on May 27 and it came in early so I went to go try it on yesterday and its a little loose, so I set my alterations appointment for Sept 2 to give myself a few more weeks to lose a little more. Then i'll have 8 weeks to maintain :)

After Nov 1, I shall resume chomping away at the poundage.
  • miss_rye_
    miss_rye_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I hate that MFP pushes the 1200 calorie diet. Society is so stuck that the only way to lose is to starve.

I learned the hard way that working out and starving only led to minimal weight loss. When I upped my daily calories to 1500-1600, the weight began to FALL off!!

I personally have gone up and down with my weight. I try not to look at a scale. I was 161 pounds in a size 8 and 160 pounds in a size 10!

I have started IIFYM, (if it fits your macros) and I highly recommend it. I have seen so many women do great things with this program and since it is FLEX dieting, you are not binging near like you would being on a no sugar restrctive diet.

I have done shake diets as well, and to see results, I only had to cut dairy, sugar, peas, corn, all fruit, any thing that was gluten, then guess what, I dropped weight, then I gained it all back because I would sneak food.

Try out iifym calculator. Use the athletic version (because most body fat measurements are inaccurate), and go with suggested. (That way you have room to adjust in 3 weeks if nothing is happening). When you put your work outs in, if you do work out, use only lifting days.

I personally am 177 pounds 30 years old 5'3. I am eating 1695-1710 a day. I do NOT feel starved. I do NOT feel deprived. Yes, I have to preplan my day a bit, and weigh my food, but guess what, I can already see a noticable difference in my body, especially when I sit down.

My overall goal is to be a size 4/6. If you would like, friend me on here, we can help motivate each other!
  • miss_rye_
    miss_rye_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options

Well if your sitting on your *kitten* all day then I'm sure 1200 calories is fine, and its not like I just said "Omg I lost 3 pounds this is the best diet ever", I have been staying about the same for a while now eating low calorie and doing hours of cardio a week and finally broke through my plateau so I change up things and finally dropped some weight, I don't think that's a coincidence

I completely agree with you. I am already losing inches in my waist, and have SEEN women's progress PROVING this can work.

It is not far fetched at all, you are weighing your food so you don't guestimate your serving size. Because guess work = extra calories, that over a week can turn into HUGE amounts. You still have to monitor some of what you are eating, unless you are bulking LOL

PS- 1200 calories for 40 weeks would totally suck. Then on the weekends you shove your face hitting 4000 calories for 2 days = way too many calories for the week.

Keep in mind that your numbers should be more of a weekly thing, than a daily thing. IIFYM is similar way of thinking as WW, if you really want to think about it.