HCG Diet

Options
I posted a New Topic asking if anyone else is doing this diet... all I got were negative replies telling me not to do it...

I understand that this diet is somewhat controversial... most diets are at one point or another. Not to offend but I am not looking for people to tell me that I am wrong or to critisize the diet I have chosen. This isn't an "easy fix" - as anyone that had tried it knows.... it is really hard not to be able to eat certain things and certain amounts. I have the support of my doctor - my last check up revealed that I am healthy and doing fine. I am just asking for some support and encouragment. At the same time I would love to lend support and encouragment. I won't judge your methods... I will not try to discourage your chosen diet path... I will be supportive. I thought that was what this website was about. If not maybe I have come to the wrong place.

Replies

• BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I know I have read a lot of threads in the past where people were doing it and supporting each other. Did you use the search function to find those threads? That might be more beneficial to finding other people who are doing the diet you are doing.

I won't get into whether I think it is ok or not. I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss journey and that you do find the support that you need.
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Hi- I'm currently doing the HCG diet as well. There is a thread dedicated to this topic.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/148642-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a?page=10
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    u know what? u go & do what what u feel is rite 4 u.... u r so very rite, there r so many diets plans out there.... what works for 2 people mite not work for the other 3.... i have tried so many diets also,,, rite now i am takin hydroxy cut max 4 women.... i like this pill.. i still eat, but i can only eat a small portion of what ever i am eatin.... i have been wonderin bout the HCG diet.... jus found out there r 6 people i work with usin this diet... i am seriously thinkin of tryin this diet also... let me know how u do i am exstremely intersted.... i have been on a major plataou since bout sept or oct.... my diet is always 2 much fat, not enough. 2 much protein not enough. 2 many calories not enough..... gggggrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! :ohwell: :cry: :sad: :frown: :grumble:
  • Paralegalpebbles
    Paralegalpebbles Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello - I wish you great luck on this diet. I thought of doing it as well. The only reason I haven't is money. I can't afford to. But I could, I would have. I didn't see it as a quick fix. I saw it as a jump start and hoping that the lost weight would motivate me to keep working hard. I hope that you do well, and I think it's great that you have your doctor's approval. Please keep posting your progress. If you do well, and if I ever get ahead of my bills, I would like to give it a try. Although, I must say, I'm having a hard enough time staying below 1200 calories. I can't imagine what eating only 500 calories a day would be like. I might go crazy! Good luck to you. Please keep us posted!
  • stacybolstridge
    Options
    I have done the HCg diet. Unless you are doing injections, you are wasting time and energy. HCG scientifically cannot be absorbed through mucous membranes. So if you are taking drops you are not actually getting any of the horomone. I know that the injections work, and do not require any calorie restrictions.
  • MH_Jones
    Options
    Thank you very much!!! I truly don't feel hungry and somtimes have a hard time eating everything I am supposed to! I understand your frustration! I too have tried many many different diets... This one seems to be working so far! Keeping my fingers crossed. :flowerforyou:
  • MH_Jones
    Options
    Hello - I wish you great luck on this diet. I thought of doing it as well. The only reason I haven't is money. I can't afford to. But I could, I would have. I didn't see it as a quick fix. I saw it as a jump start and hoping that the lost weight would motivate me to keep working hard. I hope that you do well, and I think it's great that you have your doctor's approval. Please keep posting your progress. If you do well, and if I ever get ahead of my bills, I would like to give it a try. Although, I must say, I'm having a hard enough time staying below 1200 calories. I can't imagine what eating only 500 calories a day would be like. I might go crazy! Good luck to you. Please keep us posted!

Hi there.... thank you for the support. I have a friend (she is a homiopath) and she has been helping me do this diet so it hasn't been too bad expense wise. She also has me on some herbal stuff to support my systems so my body stays strong through this. I do the drops which they say are not as effective but they seem to work for me! I really don't feel hungry and have a hard time getting the 500 in some days. So far I am on day 9 and I am down 14 lbs. I have done this diet two times before - lost almost 50 then gained some back over Christmas... not because the diet failed but because I failed.